We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontenac first week in July?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uxbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Frontenac first week in July?

Any advice? We are interested in booking the Frontenac for a 2 day getaway. I thought it would be perfect to immerse the kids in the history and it seems to have a nice pool. I would like to get a room with a view...what is better a city view...does that mean it would a view of the St. Lawrence as well? Sorry for my ignorance of the layout of the city...also, any idea if the renos would be completed by then? Also, could anyone recommend walking tours that are interesting but kid friendly? Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,788 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontenac first week in July?

Renos have been going forever. It will probably be over next summer but the best way to know would be to call the hotel directly.

Riverviews are full front facing the Saint-Lawrence. You pay an extra for those rooms but, more or less, you get the same view as on Terrasse Dufferin, only higher. City views varies a lot but almost all are really picturesque. The least desirable are the rooms looking over the inner courtyards.

If you join the Fairmont President Club you will get a few extras right away, including your own check in desk so you can talk about the room choices and the attendant might even show you a book with the different layouts. Important since this is an older property with no cookie cutter rooms.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontenac first week in July?

Book a view room for sure, though how much time does anyone really stand at the window admiring the view?

At check in do ask if they have any more unusual rooms available. They will not show you the book, but they will have a look themselves. I have had some seriously interest rooms asking nicely at the Presidents CLub check in desk. One was a round turret room with separate hallway and a killer view on three different sides. Another was a studio room that must have been 1000ft sq with a huge bathroom with a whirlpool bath and a window with a view and a third that was the most adorable two room suite, tucked under the eaves and really the quaintest room I have ever had there.

With Presidents Club you also get free WIFI, that alone is worth $16 a day plus tax.

The swimming pool is also very nice for kids.

As for a tour, there is a cool ghost tour that runs in summer, most kids love it.

3. Re: Frontenac first week in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, March 23, 2015