We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Easton, Maryland
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

My husband and I are staying in Quebec City mid-November. I am torn between the Newtone Suite at Hotel Le Priori and a King Suite at Hotel 71.....any suggestions? They both look nice but we have never stayed there before. Plan to do a lot of walking to take in the city. Any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Hotel Le Priori
Hotel Le Priori
1,211 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,662 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Not so many of the locals will have tried one or the other and neither did I do but I must say that Hotel 71 is located in Lower Town so a bit more quiet than Le Priori that is in the Upper Town. So if you want to relax the first will be great and if you want a bit more "action" around then the latter will do as it is very close to Saint-Jean Street with all the restaurants and non touristy stores.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Le Priori
Hotel Le Priori
1,211 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Le Priori is in Lower Town across the street of Hotel 71. In upper town in the same category you will find :

Auberge Place d'Armes and Le Clos St-Louis.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Le Priori
Hotel Le Priori
1,211 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Auberge Place D'Armes
Auberge Place D'Armes
1,688 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Easton, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Thank you for the information. We will probably go with Hotel 71 as we would prefer quiet when we return to the hotel. Very much looking forward to our trip. Merci!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,662 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Sorry I mixed Le Priori with another hotel in Upper Town. So now there is not much difference in the location and you can always take the funicular to go in Upper Town.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Le Priori
Hotel Le Priori
1,211 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

At this time of the year no diffrence in quietness from upper to lower town ! Also if you read the comments about Auberge Place d'Armes their windows are soundproof so it does not matter. View from their is beautiful !

Mentioned in this post
Auberge Place D'Armes
Auberge Place D'Armes
1,688 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Easton, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

So you would choose Auberge Place d Armes over Hotel 71 or Le Priori? Not too crowded in that area this time of year? How about the attic suite in the Auberge?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Le Priori
Hotel Le Priori
1,211 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Easton, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Thank you Erielover!

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

It really depends on your expectations each of them have their uniqueness and charm. For Auberge Place d'Armes and Le Priori no elevator to the suite, Hotel 71 has one. Breakfast is better at the Auberge , not a buffet, at the order.... really depend . Both have fireplace think the internet is better at Auberge but again should maybe call both

Mentioned in this post
Auberge Place D'Armes
Auberge Place D'Armes
1,688 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Hotel Le Priori
Hotel Le Priori
1,211 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Easton, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

Thank you whitestoneny! Auberge sounds like the winner, though it was a tough choice.

10. Re: Hotel 71 or Hotel Le Priori

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 10, 2014