We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,633 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

Hello everybody.

Yup I am looking for further information about the new version of Cirque Du Soleil Chemins Invisibles aka Hangar des Oubliés this year.

I am particularly interested to know if there are seats some places. I read that most of the seats have been removed for this event. So I figure that it will be standing room only but If I look at the Cirque website it seems that you can buy admission on Billetech and I looked at it yesterday and yes they were seeling tickets in the range of $20.

But todays Billetech says that this event is already passed!

If you have seen the show already or know better than me please let me know. Of course I want to inform everybody but I also want the information for myself as I suffer from peripheral neuropathy and cannot stand iddle for a long time.

Thanks in advance!

Orlando
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

Hmmm? I was planning on going in a few weeks. The Cirque site says its June 23 to July 31 at 9:15 pm but when you take the link to billtech it says it's passed. Perhaps it means the limited reserve seats are already sold.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

When you click on the ticket link, it automatically goes to the June 23rd performance. Just use the search field to find the show and the date you need.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,633 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

Thanks Tigress! In my case though I need to know if it is stand up only for people that have bought tickets in advance.

Orlando
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

Has anyone figured out what buying the tickets gets you? Is it still standing but in a closer area. I need to know for next week.

Orlando
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

On the Billtech site when you got to buy tickets, it says

"Reserved section Please note the reserved section is ine general admission.

First come, first served"

Not sure what this means.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,832 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

If it is like the old VIP section it means that the tickets holders have access to any seat in the area. Tickets are for a seat, not a specific one. Being first in lne gets you the best seats.

Orlando
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

So what can I expect if I do not buy a ticket but I am there early?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,832 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

You would get general admission n to a large open area with standing only. In the past the VIP stickers have purchased you a seat in a reserved area.

The shows are very popular and crowded. Not sure what the new site will do to change the experience.

Chicago
Level Contributor
77 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

I just went to the show and if you get there early you do get open seating on the concrete steps. Some people pay extra $20 to get in to a separate elevated stand but those are first come first served as well. I don't think any seats are reserved though...

10. Re: Anyone has seen the new show by Cirque du Soleil at Agora?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 08, 2014