We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching from St Simeon?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico
Level Contributor
468 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching from St Simeon?

Has anybody done this? Seems like it's the closest option to Quebec City, but looks like it's the only company that departs from St Simeon, so I wonder if it is a good option. We would like to do the Zodiac in July, but don't want to drive all the way up to Tadoussac. Here's their link:

http://www.baleines.ca/v2/en/index.asp

Thank you.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching from St Simeon?

The st Simeon whale watching tours generally go to the same whale watching areas as do the tours from Tadoussac only difference is you get to do the 30 kilometer trip to the Tadoussac area in a Zodiac.

You could stay in St Simeon then drive the half hour trip to Tadoussac to do the Whale watching tour where you get the option of larger boats.

As the Whale watching tours usually last 3 hours plus the bigger boats offer coffee shop + bathrooms,you also dont have to wear survival suits,You also get the option of walking around on the bigger boats...

We went on Dufour's monohull boat and had a very good time.

http://www.dufour.ca/en/boats/boats/.

Edited: 3:06 am, April 22, 2013
Mexico
Level Contributor
468 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching from St Simeon?

Well, you got me thinking on this one! Hubby wanted to do the Zodiac, so I didn't take a look at other options. But I hadn't thought about the "uncomfortable" situation of the little boat, ie bathrooms, not being able to walk around, suit, even motion sickness!! I am prone to motion sickness but was planning to take medication before the excursion. We'll have 3 kids too, ages 17, 13 and 8. I'd really like to know others' experiences on this one. Boat or zodiac, pros and cons? I think hubby liked the zodiac because it looked more adventurous. And about St Simeon, I recall it was almost 1.5 hours more to Tadoussac, and we'll drive back to Quebec City after the excursion, so it was close to 3 hours more counting going there and back, so not sure if we should stay in St Simeon, just wanted to know if it was a known boat company.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching from St Simeon?

The saint Simeon/St Simon i know is only 35 kilometers from Tadoussac, you can also catch the larger whale watching boat in Baie St Catherine if you dont feel like taking the ferry over to Tadoussac. Check Google maps.

4. Re: Whale watching from St Simeon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014