We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

What is our best bet for parking at the hotel. We are arriving in August for 3 nights, we know it is a pedistrian street, no cars allowed. So what are our options to park a car for days???? Thx all for any input.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

Underground parking at the City Hall is the closest to your hotel (5 min. walk). $14 per day, no in/out privileges.

Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

We are staying at this hotel later this month and I was under the impression that there was in and out priviledges as we want to go to Saint Anne de Beaupre & the falls area on the way back. On google maps I see that there is an underground access to parking but the sign over it says hotel De Ville. Is this the parking for the Hotel du Vieux also?

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

Are you positive about the name of the Hotel, because Hotel du Vieux Quebec is on St-John street which is not a pedestrian street. You can drive to the hotel, unload and then go to the parking.

Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

I think Whitestoneny is correct and on google maps you can see that there are cars on the road.

Quebec City
Level Contributor
600 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

rue St-Jean is not always pedestrian, but it does happen. I think it is pedestrain during weekends in the summer, also probably during some summer events like Fête de la Nouvelle-France in August (ended this Sunday) or Grand Rire in June. Ordinary weekdays, though, you'll be able to drive on it. If you were to arrive and the street is blocked for pedestrians only, park at Place d'Youville and walk. Parking price I believe is the same as under City Hall, and the walk will be a few minutes more.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

But the part where is Hotel Vieux Quebec in never pedestrian. The pedestrian part ends at Côte du Palais so Jubeyjubey can drive by côte du Palais, parking is cheaper at City Hall than Place d'youville but I doesn't know why, could somebody help...

canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

Hey thanks so much folks for your info. I now get that the best place to park is under City Hall for $14.00 per day, Cool! Have googled the directions, we are set to go. Your help and info was great! I might have been misinformed about rue St Jean being a pedestrian street only,

but I have been warned it might be when we arrive. So love the "travellers grapevine", so really do apprieciate everyone who has taken

time out to give us this info. City Hall parking is what we are going to do. One last question if you are willing to take time out of your day to answer, do you have any Bistro/Patio dining options for us in the surrounding area that you would recommend. We have already been advised to check out Le Cochan Dingue and Portofino Bistro. Any other suggestions :) thx again, very excited to experience this city.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,949 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

I really enjoyed the Hobbit on Rue St Jean, outside the walls not far from the great JA Moisan food emporium type store.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

http://bistro3garcons.com/ , around the corner from your hotel.

If you are here on a weekday, I strongly advise you to experience a very nice lunch at Le Parlementaire, the restaurant inside the House of Parliament. Unique and delicious. Reservation and photo ID mandatory.

Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel du Vieux/ Parking

Erielover, (or anyone with info) I see on the google maps that there is a ramp going underground with a sign overhead that state hotel de Ville, kitty-corner to the Hotel du Vieux Quebec. I presume that is the underground parking that you are refering to. If you know is there an underground passage way to the Hotel or does one have to come back out of the tunnel and cross the street back to the hotel?