We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

Hi. My family is celebrating my mother's 70th birthday in Quebec City later this month. Because we won't be arriving into town until after 4:30 pm, we'd like to make reservations at a restaurant not far from the Old Town, where we're staying. We'd like something nice, but not super posh, as my mother doesn't care for places that are too fancy (plus she'd be stressed if she thought we were spending hundreds per person.) But we'd like to avoid anything too casual as well. Somewhere inviting with great food, or a bistro setting, with entrees no more than $40 pp, would be great. My mother loves Italian food, but is also open to other options other than Indian or Chinese. We're not big drinkers, so wine list not as important.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!

Edited: 4:01 pm, June 09, 2012
canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

We are staying ah the Hotel Du Vieux in August for 3 nights. I would like to know if anyone knows where we should park our car for the time line we are there, approx 3 nights, . We will not be driving whilst we are there. I know rue St. Jean is a pedistrian street, which the hotel is located on, so what are our best options to park our car safe & sound. Look forward to any advice. Thx

Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
92 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

Kim we will be staying at your hotel for our 45th anniversary at the end of this month and are looking for a nice restaurant on Sunday the 25th to celebrate. Being as it is a Sunday, are most restaurants open and what is your experience on Le Feu Sacre. Your other Italian suggestions are appreciated. We went to Le Continental for our 20th anniversary so I think (correct me if I am wrong) the Conti Caffe is related and maybe the same type food? We aren't big on seafood so your suggestions will give us a starting point.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide

Edited: 3:42 pm, August 08, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

Just a bit of warning about Entrecôte Saint-Jean. It has no real menu, only a prix fixe of rib (entrecôte) steak served the French way with salad, sauce and fries and profiteroles for dessert. That's it! So if you have some people in your party that don't enjoy red meat then it is not really the place to go.

As per traditional Québécois food then it would be Aux Anciens Canadiens but the rooms are so small in that house (the oldest of the whole city) that I wonder on what will be the maximum size of groups they can accomodate in a single room.

Quebec City
Level Contributor
612 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

rickb is not entirely right. Though the steak at Entrecôte St-jean IS their specialty, they do have a bit of other choices on the menu: entrecotesaintjean.com/medias/files/menus/ca…

It's not very extensive, but the salads are good, and, though I haven't tried it, I would think the duck leg is a good choice as well. But it is definitely not a restaurant to go to if you want a varied menu, or if most people in your party don't feel like eating steak!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

@Barbanellie. Sorry I recant, I thought that since they are owned by the same people and have the same name the Montréal and Québec City menus will be the same but it seems that nowadays the one in Québec City has added some (but not a lot) of variety on the menu

16. Re: Restaurant near Old Quebec City for Birthday Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 11, 2013