We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Help! Looking for 3-4 week French immersion course at a serious school in Quebec City. Can someone please make a recommendation. Intermediate student looking for really intense program.

Thanks!

PT

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,956 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

When hitting a lenghty discussion on a subject that interest you, such as this one, it is always better to post your own query instead of tagging on. That way you will recieve more input by the local DE that tires of long threads and also more up to date information.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Hi, I am looking to stay with a French speaking family in Quebec City for the months of May and June and possibly July. What are your rates? Please reply to t.ronnen86@gmail.com. Thank you. Tanya

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Hi TAnyaori ~

I wonder whose rates you are asking about? If you are asking Trip Advisor, as a booking agency for accommodation with a French speaking family, then no, you won't find that here.

TA is a large data base, think a large newspaper with lots of information in it, but nowhere to book anything. Not with Trip Advisor anyway. Plenty of 3rd party booking agencies who advertise on TA though. Like Expedia and Travelocity to name a couple.

Furthermore, you have posted on a public forum that can be seen from anywhere in the world. And your personal email is hanging out for all to see, including spammers. You may wish to remove your post so that your inbox is not filled with unwanted and unpleasant emails. To do that, click open the blue link to the bottom right of the text box. Sign in first and then use the "remove my post" option near the bottom of the list that appears.

From my experience with language immersion homestays, you need to be registered with a language school for a course of study. Part of that registration is a homestay match from one of the school's vetted list of homestays.

Boston...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

I see that nothing has been posted to this question since 2012. Does anyone have any new information or recommendations? I am a woman in my 60s and am at an "advanced beginner" level in French. I would like to spend a week or two in French Canada in some sort of French language immersion. Maybe daytime classes and staying with a host family and still having time to enjoy cultural tourist things - art galleries and museums in particular. My husband probably won't join me, but I may go with a friend who also wants to be immersed in French. Quebec-Monde looks promising.

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

I would recommend going to an exclusive French area like the Saguenay region... The university there offers a program with the possibility of staying with a host family.

http://elf.uqac.ca/english/

Ponce Inlet, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
46. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

I am also what I would call an "advanced beginner" in my 60's trying to learn enough to go to France for a month or two, I have booked a week at a hotel in Quebec City in June and I'm looking to arrange for a private tutor or a week of classes. Maybe we could share a tutor?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

thx.....doesn't sound like a fit....Loking for course for my daughter and her friend....14/15 yrs old....

enjoy France!

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

@Lynda

How about summer camp in French?

learningfrenchinquebec.com/fr/campete1/

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Hi,

I am traveling from SF to Quebec (Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec city) for the music festivals. Seeing that the music is on at night I wanted to take French classes during the day (don't speak any French) and am a mature student. Any recommendations? Also ito accommodation in Quebec city does anyone have suggestions (I wud like to live in old town, and preferably get like a timeshare/condo for ~10 days).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Hi Drisana ~

Regarding French classes/schools, if you start on about page 3 of this thread, you will be able to read about all kinds of schools that offer French Immersion classes. You can then check them out to see which appeals to you. I say start at page 3 because the dates of the posts from there are only a year old and the information may still be relevant for this year.

A quick Google search for Québec City French immersion classes returns this result for checking into and get you started:

learn4good.com/great_schools/french_schools_…