We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rainy days in Quebec

san antonio,texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
rainy days in Quebec

On a rainy day during June to October, how long does the rain usually last? Is it usually all day or only an hour or two?

Level Contributor
1,803 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rainy days in Quebec

Quebec isn't tropical so unfortunately, it doesn't just rain for an hour and stop then then the sun comes out like in Guadeloupe. Yet in the summer this could happen. Weather is weather and you can get rainy soggy days just like in New England. However, when the sun shines, there is no prettier place to be than on la Terrase Dufferin looking at the Fleuve St Laurent and la Basse Ville de Quebec.

san antonio,texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rainy days in Quebec

Thanks for your rapid reply,otroviaje. My weather site shows approx. 10-20 rainy days, with a total of 3+ inches during each of the summer months. It does not give the total for any day. I assumed approx. 0.2-0.4 in. per average day, or showers for a few hours on rainy days.

Have not planned our trip yet, but will be sure to include la Terrase Dufferin.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,323 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rainy days in Quebec

Quebec City is beautiful in any kind of weather anyway. On rainy days you can just duck down at some periods to get off the rain. Historical Qc is so compact that you will find spots where you can get inside to visit or shop any second building. To that I will add the Musée de la Civilisation which is a must in Lower Town also manage some other buildings. On a sunny day I would say that you just pay a visit to the main museum but if the weather forecast is not goof buy the combo for all the places it is good for a week.

Beside that we don't usually get 1 - 2 hours downpours like in the tropics but you will get thunderstorm sometimes, usually in late afternoon or during the night and these can even bring hail! Otherwise rainy days tends to be rainy all day long. Sometimes with almost no interruptions and sometimes with short breaks. In fact in Summer it is not the kind of weather that will need heavy raingear (unlike New-England) but just umbrellas and some cheap plastic ponchos like the ones bought in dollar stores will be plenty. With waterproof footwear, of course, you don't want to get blisters with wet socks.

I must say that the last 2 Summers have been unseasonably rainy and cold but let's hope that the next one will be better!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rainy days in Quebec

I have been in Quebec City where one minute it is raining and the next it's sunny. I have also been there where it has rained all day long. Regardless though, the rain won't stop you from getting out and about as long as you are dressed for it. It is such a wonderful, beautiful city, you will not want to waste one second of your time there!

I use the following weather website and find it is very helpful.

wunderground.com/global/stations/71714.html

san antonio,texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rainy days in Quebec

Many thanks for your response and the other helpful suggestions. We are not letting rain change our plans to visit Quebec city and Montreal this summer.

san antonio,texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rainy days in Quebec

Thanks for your response. Your reply and the others have convinced us that there will be plenty to see and do, even if we have a few rainy days during our stay.

7. Re: rainy days in Quebec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 04, 2010