We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

San Francisco
4 posts
Save Topic
Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

My parents will celebrate their 50th anniversary this x-mas and we wish to offer them a 4 day romantic trip to Old Quebec City so they can experience all the great restaurants, museums and theaters. Which hotel would you recommend and why? Price is not an issue for us.

Mentioned in this post
Old Quebec
Old Quebec
11,144 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
884 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

My recommendations would depend on your parents' idea of "romantic." Do they prefer antiques, modern, crafty or a blend? Most people would say that Le Chateau Frontenac (especially a riverview suite) would be the ultimate, as the hotel is an icon for Quebec and it is very centrally located. There are other smaller places they might like as much or better, depending on their taste and interests.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
237 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
San Francisco
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

We are looking for something more private, smaller then the Chateau..and they have been there twice already. The quality of the Chateau for the rooms but smaller hotel.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

Have them stay at the Auberge St-Antoine, lots of great restaurants within 5 minutes walk and it's across the street from le Musée de la Civilisation, have them try the Échaudé, 2 minutes walk, probably the least known restaurant in Québec and one of the best and please don't send them to the Café de Paris. I hope they enjoy their stay.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
884 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

Hotel Dominion 1912 in the Lower Town is a lovely place to stay-tres romantique. It is very personal, but also professional. Decor is great combination of old and artisanal modern. Beds are comfortable with excellent linens and baths are spectacular. You can book a corner king room with a big glass shower and huge tub. Your parents can cozy up on the couch looking out over the city and river or snuggle under the duvet, listening to CD's. At Christmas the lobby will be cozy with its fireplace and bar for guests. There are exquisite restaurants very close by. My top pick for an elegant lunch or evening out would be Restaurant L'Initiale right up the street on rue St. Pierre. (In the past the Dominion has offered packages with L'Initiale.) For more casual dining right on the river, Le Cafe du Monde is fun with a brasserie atmosphere, or Toast! for a more intimate setting and very inventive food.

All the best to them!

Mentioned in this post
Le Cafe du Monde
Le Cafe du Monde
866 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
San Francisco
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

Thank you all for all your input and great recommendations. After a detail research we just booked at the Hotel Le Clos saint-Louis based on their websites, testimonials and the great reviews on T.A. In fact someone from our town “San Francisco” just wrote a positive review. They were the nicest people on the phone and the owner tells me that in fact this is exactly their brand. (Romantic hotel). More then half of her clientele is for celebration of anniversary and wedding. The hotel looks very Victorian from their pictures and reflects more what we were looking for.

We choose room number 1 the Mary Robinson for our parents. They will arrange for every detail- flower arrangement, restaurant reservation at the St-Amour & L’initial (they recommended), a horse carriage tour and champagne in their room. There’s also a continental “plus” breakfast included during the winter season. Once again big thanks for your advices. We’ll keep you posted once our parents are back from the Hotel Le Clos Saint-Louis.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Le Clos Saint-Louis
605 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Le Saint-Amour
Le Saint-Amour
1,322 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
884 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

Sounds like you made a perfect choice for your parents. What a great gift/celebration. They will be sure to enjoy the dinners at both L'Initiale and Le Saint-Amour. May they have many more happy years of marriage.

Mentioned in this post
Le Saint-Amour
Le Saint-Amour
1,322 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

I would really recommend the resto "L'Echaude"

Fabulous food, wonderful ambiance...it's a winner! Also, the revolving restaurant on top of the Loews Concorde has an amazing view-and very yummmy desserts!

New York NY 10022
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

Can't go wrong with the Hotel Le Clos Saint-Louis for your parents. We have been there for our 35th last spring and we can not say enough about this small townhouse inn. The service and facilities are all outstanding. This hotel location couldn,t be better for experiencing the 'french' energy of this wonderful City. They will love it!

Mentioned in this post
605 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Quebec City
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic hotel for my wonderful parents?

www.hotelportroyalsuites.com