We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
220 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Spending a day in Q.C,driving from Montreal.

Looking for some suggestions on some sites to visit and a nice place to have an early lunch and perhaps dinner.Then back to Montreal for the Jazz Fest.

Quebec City
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Hi JenDan,

Let me suggest that you take a look at the "Things to Do" link on the left of the page. Especially read this article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155033-s410/Quebec-C…

This should give you a good head start in your research.

Also, you may use the search tool at the top of the forums page.

Finally, if you have precise questions, we may be able to answer them better. Do you like museums? outdoor activities? when are you coming to Quebec City? etc...

I wish you a great trip to the province of Quebec! :)

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
220 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Hi Qc_City_Girl

Thanks for your reply.

Well, my wife and I will be driving into Q.C. Arriving late A.M. and probably heading back to Montreal late in the afternoon.

We like to walk,"blend" in and take photos.

Is there an "Old Q.C." area to visit? or other interesting neighborhoods or boro,s?

we're kinda like "ok" this looks interesting, lets walk and take snapshots.

We aren't the type that we have to visit the tourist sites, unless it's a must see.

As for eating, we ask around and decide on which one we would try. We usually get good results and at a cheaper fare!

Joe

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
220 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

i forgot to mention we will be Montreal the fist week of July for the Jazz fest

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Well for pictures you can't do much better than some of the tourists sites, like Upper and Lower town, with some of the oldest buildings in the country, and of course the iconic and picturesque, Chateau Frontenac.

In Montreal, take a break from the Jazz Fest and take some pictures along Rue St. Denis, beatiful homes with the outdoor spiral stair cases.

Kuttawa, Kentucky
Level Contributor
141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Is there an old Quebec City to visit?

Oh wow, are you in for a treat. The Old Quebec City waterfront is absolutely beautiful, with shops for artwork and food, and the people in Quebec City are (imho) some of the most wonderful people in the world.

You'll want to make your way to Vieux Quebec Lowertown, find a place to park, and walk around and enjoy.

Perhaps some of the local folks can offer suggestions on good places to park.

I do want to warn you of one issue: you'll be upset with yourself for only giving half a day to Quebec City, as you'll find that you don't want to leave. Don't beat yourself up, though. Simply make plans to visit again.

Quebec City
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

Hi again,

If you are coming on highway 20 (South Shore), take the first exit (called Boulevard Champlain) at the end of the Pierre-Laporte Bridge. Boulevard Champlain is a nice drive along the river all the way downtown. You may stop at the Promenade de Champlain half way to downtown. There are parking spaces on the side of the road at this spot. It is a nice walkway with art pieces, and great views of the bridges.

You can then continue along boulevard Champlain until it changes to Dalhousie St. There are a few public parking lots in that area. Park wherever you like, and walk the Petit-Champlain Area. Place Royale, Petit-Champlain St., Rue St.Pierre, and Rue St.Paul are the most interesting streets IMO.

You can then take the Funiculaire on Petit-Champlain St. to the Terrasse Dufferin (or you can walk up l'Escalier Casse-Cou at the end of the same street).

In the Upper town, St.Louis Street passes in front of Château Frontenac and leads you to the St.Louis Gate (one of the gates of the walled city), the Citadelle (an historic fort), and Grande-Allée St.

From Grande-Allée St. you will be able to access the Parc des Champs de Bataille (Plains of Abraham) and a few other charming parcs. You will also pass next to the Assemblée Nationale (Parliament), and if you make a little detour to your right, you will see the Fontaine de Tourny.

These are just a few ideas of things to see, and believe what other people have said, if you come only half a day, you will regret doing so.

I would like to apologize for any typos, I seem to be unable to type well today (maybe my nails are a little too long...)

I hope this helps you create an itinerary. :)

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
220 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

WOW!

Thank You and Thank You Aagain for this info!

You Guys Rock!

Joe

8. Re: One Day in Q.C., What To Do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 09, 2009