We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best things to do for 2 days in Quebec City?

Florida
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
best things to do for 2 days in Quebec City?

We'll be arriving by train for 2 days in Quebec City... any suggestions of good restaurants? romantic things to do or see? We aren't into physical sports, but anything with culture, entertainment, dining or nature would be great if you can suggest... i forget the name of our hotel but it is near the train, and near the famous $400 a night hotel! any suggestions would be most appreciated... p.s. what should we expect from the weather around Sept 10 thru 15th? We want to make the best of the short time we have there.

New York NY 10022
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best things to do for 2 days in Quebec City?

Go see the following site about Quebec city: www.quebecregion.com and www.quebecplus.com for things to do , where to go , what's in town. You must see the Claudel et Rodin exibition at the National Museum of Art.

Bye,

new york
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best things to do for 2 days in Quebec City?

we jsut came from Quebec 4 days ago(aug 31), we spent 4 days, but 2 will do as well. 1st thing u should do after u check in, is go to Chatau Frontenac(the $400 per night hotel) and on the 1st floor ask for walking tours. u need to make reservations( they will assist u). They have 3 departure times: 9.30, 1.30 and 3.30. It lasts about 3.5-4 hours and they will tell u all u need to know about the city. Do not go to see Quebec experience(they say it's a 3-d show), it's cheap looking and not good.

Take the boat to a city across Quebec called Levis(sp ?)-u will see the Chatau Frontenac from the river which is magnificent, otherwise u cannot see the beaty of it if u are standing right next to it. HAve reservations for a restaurant called Ancient Canadien-it's authentic canadian food and that was the best meal during our stay. There is a also a hotel, called something like Lowes...it's on a street called Grand Ailee, on the very top, there is a rotating restaurant with the magnificent view of the city. The food is so so and a bit pricey, but u are paying for the view and it's worth it.

For the rest of your stay, just walk around the old city. they have a lot of street perfomers and cute little streets, u'll feel like u are in Europe.

Enjoy!!!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,083 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best things to do for 2 days in Quebec City?

Restaurants: I didn't find a bad one in my whole stay in Quebec City. The table d'hote is offered by restaurants from St. Hubert (a BBQ chicken chain) all the way up to Aux Anciennes Canadiennes; I joke that it's French for "too much food", but actually it's a great way to get a delicious meal, from soup to dessert, for a good price. Even Aux Anciennes Canadiennes has a table d'hote dinner, but you have to be there in the early afternoon (4-ish) to get it, unless it's a really slow day. The table d'hote limits your menu choices, but they are limited to what the kitchen can do really well! My personal favorite is Delices du Roy (33 Rue St. Pierre).

If you're interested in culture, I suggest getting a brief background to Quebec history before you go; http://www.quebecheritage.com/en/ looks to be a great website for that. Then focus your visit on the Old Town (Vieux Quebec); your hotel is probably within walking distance, from what you've said. Old Quebec is a Unesco World Heritage site; it is North America's oldest fortified city, and is filled with historic churches (Notre Dame de Quebec, Notre Dame des Victoires), museums (the Place Royale museum and the Museum of Civilization are great), great restaurants, nifty gift shops, and talented buskers.

Staten Island
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best things to do for 2 days in Quebec City?

How much walking tours p/p? What boat see the Chatau Frontenac? Ferry or tour boat?