We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Winter Carnival 2008

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Oear...
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for Winter Carnival 2008

Hello,

Planning to go to Quebec City for the last weekend of the winter carnival in Feb. I was looking at the following hotels: Manoir de L'Esplanade and Auberge Le Vincent as possibilities. I know these are far apart but i was wondering which would be best to get around to the winter carnival while also being able to take in the sites of the city.

Thanks

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Winter Carnival 2008

The closest to most Carnaval's activities would be Manoir de l'Esplanade. A TA member has had a real bad experience with its staff in the past (reservation not honoured, no excuse, no relocalisation & no refund offered) and I have not heard of any other experience since, so I am not sure it would be the best place.

Auberge Le Vincent is in Lower Town, quite a distance from the majority of the Carnaval's activities, but if you get a good price and do not mind walking a bit, there is a (free) lift, or alternatively, a flock of stairs to exercise on :-) from Lower Town to Ste Claire St Upper Town nearby, and from there you could walk up maybe 15 minutes to the sites. Once you get off the lift, or escalator if you prefer, you walk up to St Jean St, where there are several restaurants and original stores, there is a good Irish Bar in the area, Nelligan's, and you would be at maybe 10 minutes walk from the walls.

2. Re: Hotel for Winter Carnival 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 08, 2009