We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls, Beaupre Coast

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls, Beaupre Coast

I have use of a rental car on my first full day in Quebec City and figured I would use it to visit the Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls and the Beaupre Coast (if time permits). How long does it take to complete the circuit of the island seeing a few sites along the way? I'll be visiting on a Sunday, so I imagine many places will be closed, but are there any "must see" stops? Do you think I'll have time to factor in a visit to St. Anne-de-Beaupre after seeing the island and the falls? I will need to return to QC by 6PM.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls, Beaupre Coast

Falls: it may take you anything between 15 minutes (quick stop, pics) and 2 hours (see it up close and personal). Basilica: the visit itself + Cyclorama: expect 2 hrs+, considering Sundays are crowdier. Orléans: anything between 2 and 6 hours, according to the pace you want to give it and your feeling on that day. Since it is becoming more and more touristy, there is likely to be very few places closed on a Sunday.

Maryland
Level Contributor
11 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls, Beaupre Coast

Just returned from Quebec City. The major local bus tour company has a 4-1/2 hour tour that hits all those major spots. And they really hustle to get it al in in that time --e.g., 25 minutes at the top pf the falls, and 20 minutes at the bottom of the falls, 25 minutes at the Church. I dont usually like organized tours,and I have traveled arounf france on my own, but we were glad we did it this way. It would have been difficult and takaen a full day to drive to all thsoe places ourselves with just a map and no guide. Jaut know that majoity of the bus group will be over 55.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls, Beaupre Coast

I've been to Ile d'Orléans three years in a row now , including being there on Sunday. I've never experienced any problems with any of the shops being closed on Sunday.

4. Re: Day trip to Ile D'Orleans, Montmorency Falls, Beaupre Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, September 07, 2009