We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec City at Christmas

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Quebec City at Christmas

We are an Australian family (2 adults & 2 teenage daughters) heading to Canada during Dec / Jan and planning to spend Christmas in Quebec City. We will be in QC for 5 nights. Given that we are leaving an Australian summer to come to a Canadian winter - I am looking for a very cosy & warm B&B, preferably in or close to the old city. Any recommendations? We are keen to try out some typical Canadian adventures, we enjoy the outdoors and are happy to travel on day trips. We have travelled in the US during winter, so understand a little about clothing requirements - but are there any other recommendations for things we need to make sure to stay warm? Cheers.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebec City at Christmas

Hi Aussiegirl

I can't recommend any B&B in particular, but can assure you of 1 thing: all of them are warm in wintertime ...

I suggest you type "Quebec B&B" in the search box to the top left of the screen, and read reviews. I just did it, the 1st 2 ones that showed up were Maison du Fort and Château des Tourelles, in the Old (Upper Town). If you have any questions regarding the location of any B&Bs your research might lead you to, come back and I'll do my best to help. As I have done a few times so far, I refer you to a list provided by Tellurian in the past, on this forum. Here is a link to it (had to cut it in 2 chunks, otherwise TA finds it too long): tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155033-i134-k1236… [AND] bec_City-Quebec_City_Quebec.html -- Just erase the "[AND]" and the one space before and after it, copy and paste.

To make sure you stay warm in Dec/Jan.? Make sure your head, throat, and hands are covered, and DO NOT go out only wearig running shoes in your feet, as many Americans do: we have real winters over here (I mention that because I see youngsters from US and from our next province doing just that -> at -15ºC or less, I guarantee you will suffer). If you have boots that are a little bit loose, you can increase the resistance to cold simply by adding a (dirt cheap) felt sole bought here. But only if your boots are a bit loose, otherwise, if squeezed, your feet will receive less blood circulation, and you will freeze.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quebec City at Christmas

Hello.

It is not a B&B however the girls would probably enjoy the Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel. There is a great lobby where you can sit and play games and also there are artifacts scattered around the hotel that they found on the site when they built the hotel which adds even more interest. Some of the rooms have pretty balconies, obviously not practical for winter use but still they add to the overall ambience of the place.

That said there is a B&B called J A Moisan that looks to be very nice. I have not personally stayed there but have seen the photos and it is quite impressive.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155033-d663101…

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quebec City at Christmas

If all its rooms are as small as the one seen on the pics, I am not sure J.A. Moisan B&B would be such a bargain: you would need 2 rooms.

The 3 reviews rave about their breakfasts, and about the place in general. The 1st post of the 3 posters ...

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quebec City at Christmas

Good point and that is true Eire... they would need two rooms if they stayed at J A Moisan. From the look of the photos the rooms do not look super big. I am not certain I have never inquired there, but you never know perhaps they would give a discount if the same family booked two rooms. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. : )

5. Re: Quebec City at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 06, 2009