We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec or Montreal

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Quebec or Montreal

I am going to post this topic in both forums, but I have got 5 days in late October to spend in both cities. I will visit both but which one should I stay longer in and why!

I'm travelling on my own and like to see the sights, I'm not into art galleries or churches.At night I like to see some popular theater/ show and then like to find a good bar for a few beers. I want to go to the Hockey in Montreal, so that will depend on the schedule when it is issued.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
185 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebec or Montreal

Having visited both cities many times, and based upon your input, I would probably recommend 3 days in Montreal and 2 in Quebec for you. Montreal is a much larger, more metropolitan city, and therefore offers a wider variety of sports, theatre and night-life. Quebec City is smaller, much more European, old-world - the only walled city in North America, I believe, and one of the oldest - 399 years - with much history, restaurants to die for - and so much of it readily accessible on foot. I would stay within the walls, if at all possible. Have a great trip.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quebec or Montreal

Ellis, I just found this query now. I've answered on your Mtl forum post (in case you'd be counting ;-) ... ). See you in Québec, and I hope you'll be here on time to see and hear the thousands and thousands of snowy geese migrating south then.

QCTraveler: your post is a good resumé of my thoughts, and other posters' thoughts as expressed in the other post.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quebec or Montreal

Hello Ellis40.

If you want to check out the Montreal Canadiens Hockey Schedule you will find the games in early fall listed at the following site.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=9186

4. Re: Quebec or Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 03, 2009