We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quebec city/montreal - first trip ever... one week of...

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west coast canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
quebec city/montreal - first trip ever... one week of...

like everyone else (it seems), i'm planning a special trip (first time) to either old montreal or quebec city for the third week of october.

i desperately want it to be "uber" old quebec style, close to cafes and restaurants and shops... all walking distance stuff. i have no interest in large chain hotel style.

and... here's the difficult bit... one of the two people is a light smoker, but a smoker nonetheless... one that would like to be able to have the odd indulgence inside the room without breaking any rules or feeling like a criminal!

the ones i love are the bon matin, petit prince etc... love them but there's that smoking issue...and they are a tad pricey for a whole week of stay, unfortunately.

does anyone have any ideas to offer me in a reasonable price range (no more than $120-ish cdn per night)?

if so, i'd be so very grateful.

cheers!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quebec city/montreal - first trip ever... one week of...

You could try the Hotel Vieux-Quebec: http://www.hvq.com/index.html

I don't know if the rooms are smoking or not, but the hotel is well located and there is a great restaurant downstairs, where smoking is allowed. The restaurant is one of my favourites in the city.

Hope this helps.

Québec Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: quebec city/montreal - first trip ever... one week of...

Did you try the tourism governement site www.bonjourquebec.com?

You will find everything you need.

Aurevoir!