We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cremailliere Restaurant

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
185 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Cremailliere Restaurant

We will be making our annual visit to Quebec City in late June to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Amongst our favorite restaurants are L'Initiale, Laurie Raphael, Panache ... but we also like to try new places. Can anyone offer comments on Cremailliere Restaurant?

Quebec City
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Definitively you should stick to your first choices, but also you could add to this list : le St-Amour and l'Utopie

The Crémaillière is a good Italian type restaurant but the other on are top notch...

Happy anniversary in Québec

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
185 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Thanks Quebecmytown. I am familiar with both Le Saint Amour and L'Utopie. In fact, had a fantastic dinner at Le Saint Amour on Christmas Day 2006. Also tried L'Utopie last year (on the feast of St John the Baptist). Have found the food and setting at Le Saint Amour always great - but the service has been spotty - three times it was excellent and three times it left much to be desired. I will also admit that L'Utopie was an interesting and unique dining experience, - the architectural menu - but not quite what we are looking for ... any other suggestions?

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Île d'Orléans ?

canard-huppe.com/FichiersUpload/Menus/Gastro…

300 year old Les Ancêtres: www.lesancetres.ca/site.asp?s=menu&l=en

Quebec City
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Did you ever try the Toast, in June if the weather is nice they have the most romantic terrace in town... and the food is good.

In the suburb there is also two marvelous restaurant. La Fenouillère and le Michalangelo. Le Michalangelo is a Italian with very, very good food, an impresive wine list and a romantic atmosphere.

I do not know where is your hotel, but from Old Québec in taxi it is around 15$ each way.

bon appétit

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
878 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

For an "ultimate" dinner, L'Initiale remains my absolute favorite. Eirelover's suggestions of Le Canard Huppe and Les Ancetre on Ile d'Orleans are great--they are both wonderful places. Quebecmytown is right about Toast! too -- have had memorable meals indoors and out there; excellent value IMO. For a fun lunch, brunch or more casual dinner, Le Cafe du Monde now at the cruise ship terminal on the river is always terrific. Bistro Sous Le Fort is easy to overlook in Quartier Petit Champlain, but don't -- the welcome is fantastic and the food delicious - love their ris de veau. I agree that Le Saint Amour can be on or off, but the atmosphere is certainly romantic. A more recent find, up in the Saint Roch district at 203 rue St-Joseph est, is the delightful Cafe du Clocher Penche. It's not fancy, but the food and wine are excellent and it's definitely not a tourist hangout. (I may be sorry about revealing this "secret," but it's a little too far for most people to walk to from inside the walls. Have a happy anniversary; you have just over a year up my husband and I. We have had many joyful celebrations in Quebec over the years.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

I heartily second the suggestion of MichelAngelo. Divine food indeed.

Tellurian: I am glad you made me discover the Clocher penché : ) thanks‼

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
878 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Glad you like it, Eirelover. I don't mean this as a slight to Quebec in any way, but at Clocher Penche I feel like I am in France---not sure why, I just do.

Quebec city, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Speaking of Michaelangelo, Dacortina is an awesome italian restaurant also in the suburb and it's from the same owner as the Michaelangelo.

People doesn't often like to go outside of the "old city" but there are very good restaurants outside of this area!

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
185 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Thanks all for your great suggestions.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cremailliere Restaurant

Hi.

Have you ever dined at Le Patriarche?

http://www.lepatriarche.com/

It is a lovely restaurant and the food is delicious and service is excellent. I would highly recommmend it.