We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Montreal to Quebec City

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Topic
From Montreal to Quebec City

Hi, which is the best way to go from Montreal to Quebec City? I don't plan to fly nor taking a Via train. Is there any coach/bus going to QC? Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Montreal to Quebec City

I believe this is the bus company you're looking for:

www.orleansexpress.com/english/index.asp

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd imagine they leave from the bus station at the BERRI-UQAM Metro Stop.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Montreal to Quebec City

It's a straight and boring drive whether you take Hwy 40 (north shore of the St. Lawrence) or Hwy 20 (south shore).

Depends what you're going to do when you get to Quebec City, whether you'll need a car or not. The old city itself is made for walking but outside the old walls you need a car to get around.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Montreal to Quebec City

We don't plan to rent a car, that's the thing. We just want a day trip there, meaning leaving Montreal very early, and leave QC that same night.

Is that a good idea? Any buses to go there?

Thanks

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Montreal to Quebec City

Jetasian,

If you are looking for a day trip with some excursions, try calling this tour guide, they may be able to help you in finding a bus tour, or they may even offer it themselves.

Poltours: 1-866-790-8687

I used them years ago for my first NYC trip, because of them, they showed me the ropes around NYC and throughout the years have become a NYC pro.

I hope Poltours can help you out, if not, you're gonna have to wait til Wednesday when I am back at work where I can get this newspaper that has some travel deals.

Hope that helps though!

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Montreal to Quebec City

Thanks, Audreybella, much appreciated :)