We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

foliage

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Topic
foliage

Montrealers,

Do you see the leaves start changing color yet?

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: foliage

Hello,

The leaves have slowly started changing colours. In two weeks or so they should be in full swing.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: foliage

C514 - most of the trees are shedding leaves due to the weather, so I doubt it would be 2 weeks, I think it would be over by then. I hate it i.e., when the leaves are gone! :-(

florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: foliage

What about in 1 week. I will be there a week from now to see foliage.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: foliage

book28 -

The Weather Network (Canada's equvalent to US TV's Weather Channel) has a good report on fall colours across Canada:

theweathernetwork.com/features/fallcolour/

Tourism Quebec also has their own fall colours report - this seems to be a bit more up to date. As of Sept. 28, they were listing the South Laurentides/Laurentiens (mountains just north of Montreal) as "25% turned - early".

bonjourquebec.com/ca-en/symphoniecouleurs0.h…

Noel

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: foliage

“The leaves have slowly started changing colours. In two weeks or so they should be in full swing” - I believe it must be right downtown Montreal, where the change in foliage is happening at the end of the spectrum ? Cause in the country side, and towards Québec City, it's pretty much declining, with lots of oranges and ochers, and as Jak mentioned, trees are now shredding (I hate it too when the leaves are gone...)

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: foliage

I am a city girl, I figured that the trees would soon be changing colours. I know that they are mostly yellow and on the ground at the moment...sorry;(

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: foliage

Cheer up City Girl, have a kit kat. :-)

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: foliage

LOL;), it's too late tonight but maybe I'll grab one tomorrow afternoon.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: foliage

send me the bill, I will pay for it. :-)

10. Re: foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 22, 2009