We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

I know there are Shuttle Bus and Taxi. But is there any public transit from airport to downtown? If so, how to get there? Thanks

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

I have never used public transit from the airport, but it is doable. See the inside page: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155032-s301/Montreal… . There is a link to a search engine to find which buses to take (likely: 2 of them) plus subway, according to yoyr destination in town. In case it is your first visit, know that you ask the bus driver for a transfer, which allows you to hop on the subway or another bus without paying a 2nd time. In case you'd have to take: 1 bus, subway and a 2nd bus: the transfer is good within 90 minutes. Take a transfer from the point of entry in the subway if you need to take a bus after the subway, just to be safe. You use the transfer obtained at the point of entry to board on bus again, if your 1st transfer has expired.

It will probably take the same time as the shuttle bus to get in town. You will save money, but if you're loaded, think twice before using bus + subway as it means lots of walking too, to get in and out of the subway.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
2. Re: Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

Jettasian

The link Eirelover has provided you from the inside pages of TA explains everything, if you haven't read it, please read it. My question is: why do you want to take all the trouble? Especially since the road from the Airport to the commuter train station is not pedestrian friendly and almost a mile away. Plus so many changes and extra walking on top of that the hassle of carrying luggage (even if its a shoulder bag for that much time and distance it is a hassle).

I suggest you either take the shuttle bus pay CAD13.50 OR take a straigh forward taxi and pay CAD35.00 and no more for ANY destination in downtown Montreal, the rate is fixed by the government.

Halifax
1 post
3. Re: Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

Hello,

Thanks for the helpful information. I would like to take the shuttle bus from the Montreal airport to the Holiday Inn Express and I am just wondering where exactly I will find the shuttle bus and how often it runs.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
31 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

Here's the schedule for the shuttle:

autobus.qc.ca/anglais/…montreal_dorval

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,701 posts
39 reviews
30 helpful votes
5. Re: Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

I am in Montreal right now and actually did the public bus/metro thing yesterday. It really is not that bad at all. The worst part was the wait at the airport for the first bus - which - like Murphy's law predicts - I just manages to miss by about 5 minutes. They run every half hour.

The two buses wer quick. Its really not that much worse than taking the Rocket and subway in Toronto. Just one added step and the fact that the bus doesn't run that often.

From the time I got to the bus stop at the airport till the time I arrived at my hotel at Metro stop Place des Artes it was about 1 hour 10 minutes.

raquel

6. Re: Public Transit from Airport to Downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 21, 2009