In about a week, we'll be in Mntreal for two and a half days - 4 girls. We're leaving our foodie hubbies behind. We're looking for the following;
1. Area to stay. Last time I was in Montreal (many moons ago), we stayed in Vieux Montreal. We'll have a car, so we can drive/park anywhere. We want safe, quiet and some character or neighborhood. We were even considering a nicer university residence.
2. Foodie experiences not to miss. We may want to do one meal (Au Pied de Cochon?) The rest are quick bites and eating to go (for sure want crepes, bagels, poutine)
3. Foodie souvenirs to take home; we promised hubbies a Montreal meal when we get home that night. We'll have a large cooler.
4. Shopping suggestions: outlets, we know about Rue St. Catherine, stores specific to Montreal/Quebec the province, plus size shopping for some, inexpensive kitchenware/housewares from France/Spain/Italy.
5. 18th Century market: worth it or not?
6. We'll be going to Jean Talon...any treats or purchases not to miss.