We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas for shopping

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Areas for shopping

What are some good areas for shopping in Montreal? Could be both an area with unique shops and areas with more well known stores.

I'm looking for a place with a high concentration of stores to spend some time walking around.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas for shopping

Shopping streets? You want shopping streets? Welcome to Montreal...

Ste-Catherine, technically all the way from Westmount Square to De Lorimier. Both the western parts (around Guy street, for example) and the eastern parts (the Village) are more neighbourhood-driven, and in the middle, you've got downtown shopping. If that's not enough, head to the underground malls -- Cours Mont-Royal, Simon's, Place Montréal Trust, Eaton Centre, Les Ailes de la Mode, Place de la Cathédrale, and finally The Bay; they're all connected, as is Place Ville-Marie.

You can do a long walk up St-Laurent to Mont-Royal, down Mont Royal all the way to Papineau, back up the other side to St-Denis, and down St-Denis. St-Denis is the most interesting, with interesting little boutiques and all sorts of interesting things.

If like exploring neighbourhood shopping streets, try fancy Laurier West, from say St-Urbain to a few blocks past Parc (it does a little jump in chic after Parc, given that it's in Outremont). Head up Parc, too, to around Bernard. I actually prefer Laurier Street East, from Brébeuf to Papineau -- very quaint, perfect for strolling down and pretending you live there. , although it's more for people who live there than tourists.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas for shopping

Mr Albany, shopping in Montreal??? Come on, are you really serious? You have Crossgates Mall that I purposely drive HOURS to shop there!!!!!!!!!!! Do me a favor and shop there :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Areas for shopping

Bella not everyone is as crazy as you are :-) I find the designer clothes when on sale are much cheaper in Montreal than anywhere in the US.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Areas for shopping

There is also antique row on Notre-Dame W.

5. Re: Areas for shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 18, 2009