We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal and Quebec

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Montreal and Quebec

Hi

We are planning for a 4 to 5 days (July 12 to 16/17) trip to Montreal and Quebec and we will be travelling in car. Can someone suggest and advice us in staying and seeing the places.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal and Quebec

Questions:

Does the 4-5 days include your travel time? It's not much time to see both cities.

Where are you coming from?

What is your nightly hotel budget- $$?

How many people in group?

What are your interests in terms of seeing sights - historical, cultural, nature, etc?

Take a look at the green tabs at top of page and at Top Questions - both here in the Montreal forum, and in the Quebec City forum for info, advice, etc.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal and Quebec

Thanks for the reply. I am coming from Boston, Mass. We are total 4 (2+2) and interested in historical and nature. Nightly can be between 100-150. If needed i can extend for 1 more day. I am planning to start on 12th morning, so, should be there by afternoon to tea time. Around 5.5 hrs to Montreal and 7 hrs to Quebec in driving.

Thanks

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal and Quebec

Stay at the ritz in Montréal, the first ritz to open in North America.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montreal and Quebec

LOL ... as if you could get a room at the Ritz for $100-150 in prime tourist season...

Terrebonne, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montreal and Quebec

good luck with a hotel below 150$, in the island I guess it's impossible to find a good one. Try north or south shore, like Super 8 Lachenaie/Terrebonne 1155 Yves Blais, Terrebonne, QC J6V 0A9 CA' I just check it's 150$/night for 2 king bed.

For the places to see, you need to see old Montreal and old Québec, maybe chinatown in Montreal, could be done by foot from old montreal. in the old Montreal they have the Science museum for kids and adult. If you like History in old Qc the musée des civilisation is the best. You could also go on top of Mont Royal by car, walk a little bit and see a great viez of Montreal. If you like nature the Botanical Garden, and the insectarium and Biodome are all at the base of the Olympic Stadium great for all ages and walking distance very close. They have package for 1,2,3,4 different activity, before paying please ask. If it's your first time you could pass trying a poutine a local frie/gravy/cheese thing. near Qc I suggest if you could try the ferry in old QC, cheap and you see the best view from the water, by car or by foot. Also Chute Momonrency and ile d'orelan (60 miles to go around) by aware that we have a lot of festival like Just for laugh and Festival d'été de Québec where they have big exterior show, free and some you need to paid, like I think Tomorow( july5, Lada Gaga is in Québec) Enjoy your trip. and try to speak a few word in French like Hello = Bonjour Thanks you= Merci

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,020 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Montreal and Quebec

Well, you might want to check a bidding site like Hotwire or Priceline -- you may be able to stay within your budget and find a half-decent hotel since $100-$150 is budget here -- especially since there's about 19% tax on the price of a hotel (!)

Most people here recommend bidding on 4-star only, and to stay within downtown or Old Montréal (where most hotels are anyway). Staying out in the suburbs is cheaper and you have free parking, but it's inconvenient to explore Montréal, which is quite a compact city with a great transit system, so easy to explore if you stay in the centre even without a car.

For an overview of the different areas to stay, see tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g155032-c170735/Montre…

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Montreal and Quebec

I was responding to the original post where no budget was mentioned. The ritz is an outstanding property. The equivalent in NYC would be more than 2x the price.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,956 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Montreal and Quebec

I cannot really recommend any hotel in Montréal, downtown or Old Montréal, that would fit in your budget and yes staying in the burbs is a bit of a problem.

You should try the Holiday Inn Express or the Homewood Suites on René-Lévesque Boulevard or really look at the discounters.

For Québec City you should try to call directly the reservation desk of Le Concorde. This hotel closed for a few months and had a very soft reopening so you might be lucky.

If so here's what I suggest: do as much in Montréal on your last day and then drive the 3 hours to Québec City for a late check in instead of sleeping another night in Montréal and then drive in the morning.

9. Re: Montreal and Quebec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 06, 2015