We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn baby
Level Contributor
251 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

I'm planning a trip and I'm now realizing that my time in Montreal will fall on the dates of this festival. No offense to the metal fans on this board but it's not my thing and if the whole city is crazy - I'd consider changing my plans ...

I live in NYC and festivals like this aren't held in the city confines -- they are usually some distance away from the tourist areas. I don't know how Montreal is laid out in relation to this festival.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

It's held at Parc Jean Drapeau, on Ile St. Helene. This link will show you a photo of the park in the foreground with the city beyond.

…heavymontreal.com/customer/…

On this google map link - A is the Parc and B is Old Montreal.

http://goo.gl/maps/KZWGl

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

It is not a major event... I live and work here and NEVER heard of any event related to it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

Like most big cities, Montreal can hold many events without one overtaking the city, so I would not worry about Heavy...

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

Haevy montreal is not one of Montreal's major events (no offense to fans, i am just putting it in perspective). It is off the island. I only know its going on because of the radio, otherwise you would not notice.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

Never heard of it.

Edited: 11:02 am, June 13, 2014
Brooklyn baby
Level Contributor
251 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

Thanks for putting it into perspective .. It's what I figured .. NYC has several music festivals that happen just outside the confines of the city and you wouldn't know they were happening if you didn't have a specific interest. My husband was probably researching live music while we were in town because we like to hear live music when we vacation - and came upon this so - thanks, again.

7. Re: Heavy Montreal? Does it take over the city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 15, 2015