We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

Hoboken, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

I am planning a bachelor party in Montreal for Sept 25- 28. We are a group of 11-12 and are age 27-30. We are staying at Le Centre Sheraton. I understand Montreal has a huge nightclub scene that we definitely plan on experiencing, however I have not seen much on here about nightlife options other than these clubs. We'll be there for a total of 3 nights and I know the groom and our crew won't want 3 nights of just fancy nightclubs. Does anyone have specific recommendations for more casual places like a pub/bar? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

Here are a few:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=montreal+pubs

and the now famous Chez Serge (Sports bar... )

https://www.facebook.com/ChezSergeMontreal

Edited: 5:10 am, June 04, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

If the weather is nice, Le Sainte-Élizabeth has an awesome beer garden (terrasse).

McKibbins is great if you like Irish pubs.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

In Crescent/Biship/Montagne area...Hurleys, Ye Olde Orchard, Irish Embassy (huge and has a big patio), McKibbins (younger ish crowd, university types but great scene), Grumpys...all are great and will have live music on a weekend.

on st laurent...another mcKibbins, another ye Olde, Bifteck (more like a bar than a pub)...

Hoboken, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

Thanks for the input, both sound like good options. It sounds like we'll be spending our nights either on St Lawrence or Crescent. Are the lounges more casual and just as fun?

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

as a bachelor party yeah you'll all your nights will be in one of those two areas (most of the strip clubs are towards crescent fyi). as for lounges depends what you like...like you said we have a great club scene but i'm never there cause i hate clubs and lounges and love my regular pubs. lounges are a little more laid back than clubs and supper-clubs but it really depends on each one and who you ask.

long story short st laurent is packed with a slightly younger crowd, lots of students and girls who are all dressed up because most of the clubs are there. crescent area is a little more diverse, has the better pubs but still some good clubs. whatever you do it's a $15 dollar cab between the areas so no big deal...

6. Re: Bachelor Party Pubs not Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 06, 2015