We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of town do we want to be in?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond , VA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
What part of town do we want to be in?

I have seen alot of other threads about this but I wanted to ask a question directed more around what part of town do we want to be in? I taking a group of 5 guys (31-36) on a Bach Party at the end of July.

We will be doing alot of activates and things like that during the days but I would like our Hotel to be in the area we would be going out! I saw the Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Downtown / Hotel 10 have great reviews but wanted to hear from this group if they are in the right areas.

Also does anyone know anything going on in Montreal the last week in July that I should be looking into?

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

Not much happening last week of July.. as it is vacation time for 1 million people in this province. Many businesses will shut down during the last 2 weeks of July.

www.tourisme-montreal.org/What-To-Do/Events

Richmond , VA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

Do you mean bars and restaurant by businesses being closed?

Do you feel that it would interfere with the bachelor party? we are very capable of making our own fun if there is a decent amount of people out and the bars and restaurants are open.

What about the locations were looking at also. Is that where we want to be?

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

no, you won't notice much closed down, especially not bars and restaurants (they love, as do the rest of us, warm summer weather, terrasses, etc).

Personally, I shudder when I hear 'bachelor party' but for what I associate with that sort of gathering, yes, downtown is where you want to be.

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

I meant no event on account of annual vacation of 1M people leaving the city.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

You wont notice much re vacation time because you have to basis for comparison, but it will be quieter . The Sheraton downtown caters to that crowd because it is near crescent street where there are bars whose main purpose seem to be servicing ontarians and college kids from upstate ny who can legally here at 18 and bars close at 3 am and potentially later (lots of after hours in Montreal). The Sheraton also is near the hmmm "gentlemen's" bars.

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

the big outdoor weekend for the Festival Nuits D'Afrique is on July 18-20, if you're in town then. The free outdoor concerts are held on a downtown stage and draw some big names, good-sized crowds, fun atmosphere.

This years schedule isn't available yet but here's a link to last year's for an idea

festivalnuitsdafrique.com/en/spectacles-exte…

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

Hah! When I read "Bach Party" I really did think you were coming to Montreal for some kind of classical music festival (as in J. S. Bach).

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

I did too. Just shows how I think. Bach would be nice.

9. Re: What part of town do we want to be in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 16, 2015