We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Jak, possibly

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Jak, possibly

This may seem random, and not exactly, travel-related, but does anyone know what happened to the Tibet/India/Bali type decoration and gift store that opened on Ste. Catherine in the fall? It was on the north side in between St. Mathieu and Bishop somewhere, never had a name posted...otherwise, does anyone know a good store to buy ethnic-style home decor stuff at reasonable prices? Not Pier 1, basically. I'm guessing Jak may know, since he seems to know that area too. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Ste Catherine
Hotel Ste Catherine
49 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Jak, possibly

MG

The furniture shop that I know and they sell very good quality ethnic-style home furniture decor stuff is:

Bombay The Company

705 Ste. Catherine Street West.

Tele: (514) 844-8498

The Bombay Compay have a couple of branches in Montreal. But, I don't know about the Tibet or Bali furniture. I think they do have that kinda wooden carved decorative stuff. Check out with them..

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Ste Catherine
Hotel Ste Catherine
49 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Jak, possibly

Thanks, I'll check it out....oh, the joys of moving.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Jak, possibly

Pier 1 are crooks, don't buy from them. Sometimes you get very good items and a very good deal from antique stores, go to Notre Dame West from Guy and turn right on N. Dame, on your left you will see Michelle Parent Antiques, the old lady was selling her busines and she is not greedy unlike others on that street and she has good collection. Take a look, there is no harm. I bought a 250 years stained glass window for CAD300 and a few small things. But, Pier1 no way!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Jak, possibly

The Pier one junk is mostly all from China now-dont wate your time.

The is a very unique shop on Sherbooke West in Westmount called Woven Gardens-the owners source Indian and Asian antiques from far and wide-very reputible and you can find decent prices despite the Westmount address.

I have also bought some more rare pcs there but they get things I have never seen elsewhere-they also have a nice line of jewllery and pottery.