We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 28-April 1, 2014

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
March 28-April 1, 2014

1) how bad is the weather on those dates? What kind of walking tour can we join? I'm searching for reviews on the sightseeing tours and hardly anybody reviews tour companies during my dates

2) is there a tour company we can call to arrange a private tour from Montreal to Quebec City?

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

weather for those dates in the past has varied widely. Nobody here can tell you what it will be like this year. We've had a hard winter this year and we are expecting another snowstorm today. Spring-like weather is expected to be later than usual this year. So, your guess is as good as ours.

My advice is find a company that has good reviews in general, then contact them and see what they advise is a good plan for those dates. But weather-wise, again, your guess is as good as theirs.

Finally, since the weather is so unpredictable, maybe build in some flexibilty into your plans. Have some outdoor stuff planned but have a plan b with indoor activities you'd enjoy. You'll have all bases covered, no matter the weather.

Montreal
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

What do you expect by a private tour? A private guide with you all the time or an agency who will take care of your hotel réservations and some guided tours of the cities?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

www.guidatour.qc.ca/en/di_walking_tours.htm is the company that offers the walking tours in town.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

Thank you for the tips. I'm in touch with quidatours. I hope to contact a tour company in QC for guided tour

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

March can be unpredictable in Quebec City as it is in most areas of Canada- this year especially.

We have been to Quebec City several times in March and enjoyed it very much even though we encountered pretty much all types of weather.. I find as long as you are equipped with the proper clothes you should be able to get out and about regardless of the conditions. So bring layers and everything you will need for both cold and mild days. Warm socks, boots, hat, gloves and also a windproof jacket will serve you well.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,788 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

For Québec City Tours Voir Québec for walking tours and Tours du Vieux Québec for bus tours.

Day tours from Montréal to Québec City then Gray Line

7. Re: March 28-April 1, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, March 15, 2015