We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal visit questions

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Montreal visit questions

I will be visiting in August with my family. When I was in Montreal many years ago, I remember that the area around the stutue of Nelson was full of street performers and artists. Are they still there? And are they only there on weekemds, or weekday nights, too?

I am thinking of going to the show at Notre Dame basilica, "et la lumiere fut". Does anybody know if it is all in French, and does it matter? Is it worth seeing?

Thank you

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal visit questions

Rose

I guess you are referring to Place Jacques Cartier or Jacques Cartier Square in Old Montreal. Yeah you will still find street performers and artists more on week-ends rather than week-days.

The Notre Dam Basilica is worth seeing, It is one of the finest example of Gothic architecture in this country. Built between 1823 and 1829, renowned for its polychrome interior and rich ornamentation. Its treasures include its organ -1891- one of the largest in North America, and its remarkably carved high altar and pulpit.

About the sound and light show, it is in both languages and here is their website address for show timings, rates, (not so expensive) and location etc. Remember there are no shows on Sundays, Mondays and a few other dates mentioned on their website, which is:

http://www.therewaslight.ca/

Good luck :-)