We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

Worcester...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

I am staying on Crescent St this weekend and I'm on a budget. Does anyone have any recommendations for bars or clubs in the area with cheap drinks and a nice atmosphere?

Pub Crawl MTL
Night Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Le 4e Mur
Blues Clubs & Bars, Piano Bars
ny
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

not really sure but if you find a cheap place on crescent please let me know I was coming up with 2 friends of mine this weekend as well.

js033815@baruch.cuny.edu

ny
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

not really sure but if you find a cheap place on crescent please let me know I was coming up with 2 friends of mine this weekend as well.

js033815@baruch.cuny.edu

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

The cheapest places on Crescent are Brutopia (very laid-back, great homemade beer, live music) and Mad Hattters (ghetto patio upstairs, loud music downstairs), but both are south of Ste Catherine, and therefore are not part of the main strip you're probably thinking of. Everything else- whether clubs like Vatican or System, or bars like Winnie's or Thursday's etc.- will overcharge for watered-down drinks in plastic cups. So if you really want to do the Crescent thing, I'd suggest pre-drinking south of ste-cat or perhaps somewhere close to your hotel.

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

I totally agree with MontrealGirl. Crescent street is not the place for cheap drinks. But it does have great night life for a younger crowd and is fun to sit on a terrace, have a few drinks and watch the cities people getting ready for a night on the town. I don't know your age category but I would suggest that you pre-drink (we have an SAQ on St.Catherine's) and then head out if that's the plan. You can also check out some clubs on crescent if your into the dancing. It all depends on what you have in mind.

5. Re: nightlife around Crescent St on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 15, 2009