We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just for Laughs festival

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just for Laughs festival

My wife and I want to come to the Just for Laughs festival in July. Maybe spend 3-4 nights then fly to Halifax for a few days. Any idea when the schedule of comedians comes out? What is the best way to do this and see as many acts as possible in this relatively short time? Finally, where to stay? Budget is not a big issue, we'd like to be central to the festival, in a nice hotel. Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just for Laughs festival

I'd just pay attention to their website:

http://www.hahaha.com/en

Charlotte
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just for Laughs festival

hotel, etc?

Charlotte
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Hotel, etc? Thanks.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just for Laughs festival

The Montreal experts should be along soon to help you with hotel recommendations.

I'd also post the question about hotels on the Halifax forum if you need advice for that city as well.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Hotels without any specifics, anything downtown, village or the plateau, just go to the go list on here. If you have specific things that you need or budget, then be specific, please.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Yup, you gotta give us more to go on to help narrow down a hotel. However, here's more to go on: the festival is held now in the Quartier des Spectacles, so the closest hotel is the Hyatt although read the reviews -- some people love it, others find it tired and lacking in customer service. The Courtyard Marriott, the Dauphin, the Westin, Embassy Suites (which if you specify, will offer you a furnished kitchen if you ever wanted to cook a meal), the Hilton Garden Inn, and the Holiday Inn Chinatown are all good business-feeling hotels and listed in order of my preference (although I don't actually know the Courtyard; it receives top marks because it's brand new :). If you want more charm, the boutique hotels in Old Montréal are also just a short walk away from the site, so something like Hôtel Place d'Armes or L'Hôtel or the beautiful and expensive Saint-James. If you want a party hotel, Hotel 10 would be a good choice, and if you want chic-on-the-cheap (think Ikea), Hotel Zero is just a few blocks away.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Agreed with Tristou.

Give us more to go on. Montreal has many hotels catering to different needs and budget, so it is difficult to recommend one without a exact budget range and more details on your family.

If you just want to be near the festival, i would recommend Hilton Garden Inn. You'll be a stone throw away without having to endure as much noise as the Hyatt does. It's a nice hotel, many of our company clients visiting us enjoy it.

As for the artists, they usually come out near the festival date. I start looking in June. Heck, i even look when the festival has started as shows get added and sometimes there are good last minute deals.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Well, how about 300 a night tops, we are middle aged so nice but quiet is better--definitely not a party hotel. And I don't know Montreal at all so I can't say where, that is what I am asking. Near the comedy festival activities and close to nice areas to walk and sight see.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Oh for that price, you should be able to find a room at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Also look into the Square Phillips, Embassy Suites, Auberge Bonaparte, Le Dauphin and Intercontinental. These are all within 10 min walk to the festival and good hotels we often recommend. See which one best suits your needs.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just for Laughs festival

Without any preference and no recommendation (I'm an innkeeper, so take bias into account....)

Square Phillips, Parc Suites, Le St-Germain, and Hilton Gardens are in the direct area.