We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Beer in Old Montreal

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario, canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Local Beer in Old Montreal

I will be staying in Old Montreal Thursday and was looking for a recommendation for a place to sample local beer. I have been enjoying beer that I call "hoppy" IPA beers lately

Edited: 12:56 pm, December 03, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Beer in Old Montreal

You're in luck! Les Soeurs Grises serves a good selection of local microbrewery beers, right in Old Montreal. This place opened up last spring/summer and has been doing really well. Their food is way above par compared to other microbrewery places, but the prices for the food are higher as well. Still, they are conveniently located and its a beautiful space.

http://bblsg.com/

If you're willing to take the metro and venture further, you could try Benelux or Le Saint-Bock.

- Benelux has more english style beers, which would suit your style. They are excellent, however you will only be able to taste brews made by Benelux. Prices are really reasonable.

- Saint-Bock is busier and has a mix of local and tourist crowds. Their food menu is longer, which might be why it's harder to get a table. They offer a varying selection of microbrews from all over quebec, but their true distinction is that they have a large catalogue of beer imports from all over the world. These are beers you cannot find elsewhere in quebec so if you want to relive that obscure beer you had in belgium, Saint-Bock is probably your best bet.

If you have any other questions, ask me. I love to talk beer :)

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Beer in Old Montreal

Merci! For your response.

Corpus Christi...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Beer in Old Montreal

Do these places offer beer flights? What are some of the local beers that you recommend? Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local Beer in Old Montreal

Texangal2:

Yes all of them do offer them.

You will find that Quebec has hundreds of local beers. This is not an exaggeration. What type of beer do you enjoy?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local Beer in Old Montreal

If you're in the area of the Saint Bock you can also check out l'Amère à Boire which is basically right next door. (www.amereaboire.com/index.php…). They brew their own beers that are influenced by european brewing styles. Check out their website for more info.

Edited: 11:09 am, February 10, 2014
6. Re: Local Beer in Old Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 12, 2015