We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels with high end spa

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
hotels with high end spa

We are coming to Montreal and ate looking for a nice hotel with a high end spa. We stayed last time in le St James, we found the hotel very nice, however the spa was very small. Which hotel could you recommend us that is on that level but with a bigger spa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels with high end spa

I agree that the SJ James spa is not a real spa.

Perhaps try the omni which was refurbished last year. I haven't been to their spa. The new westin also has a spa, but obviously not a ritz or fs experience.

Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels with high end spa

How does the Ritz compare to the westin or the omni?

Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels with high end spa

I meant to say place Des armes that was where we stayed and the spa was very small. Which hotel has nicer spa.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels with high end spa

If you mean hotel place d'armes, I don't know it. I normally avoid hotel spas in my hometown because of the premium you pay. There are many non hotel spas. The ritz doesn't have a spa.

Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels with high end spa

I did mean hotel Le place d'armes. what other hotel can we go to that has a spa and be pampered on a luxurious Level? thanks so much for all the info.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,630 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels with high end spa

I agree with Platipus, spas in hôtels in an urban environment are usually on the smallish and expensive side. If you stay in Old Montréal again why don't you go in Spa Scandinave instead. You will have to walk only a few blocks from any hotel in that area.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels with high end spa

Search for my alias and spa and you will find recommendations for higher end spas.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels with high end spa

Le Saint-Sulpice in Old Montreal.

Here is a picture of their spa:

http://www.lesaintsulpice.com/spa-gym/

9. Re: hotels with high end spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 28, 2014