We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
470 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

We are planning a trip to the Old Town 23-26 of Dec. Will we be able to find restaurants that are open at that time? Any advice will be most welcome.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Of course there will be a plethora of restaurants opened! I think that you might be more concerned about Old Montréal. Then I would say that restaurants in the Old Port and De-la-Commune Street will be closed but none in other streets of Old Montréal. Usually I don't recommend staying in Old Mtl during winter, been there, done that, trust me! There are two exceptions though Holidays and Montréal Highlights Festival.

Just to set the plate a bit more, pardon the pun, you will be in town for Christmas and Christmas Day, Eve and Boxing Day some places will not be open or close early on the 24th. The custom around here is that Christmas Eve and Day are the most important family celebration of the year, just like Thanksgiving is for US citizens and it is not a lunch or dinner that is the big celebration but on the Eve a very late family dinner called a "réveillon". So on the 24th some restaurants might close early to leave the employees with enough time to change and head to their "réveillons". Clubs or restaurants downtown will be almost business as usual.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Bigger places will operate on holiday hours, while some mom and pop places will close...just like any other big city....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Limited restaurants open on the 24th, 25th and 26th, but there will be some. Generally the 25th I suggest Chinatown, which is next to old Montreal.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
470 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Thank you to all. A few years ago we spent the Christmas holiday in Old Quebec and we were able to find some excellent restaurants.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Hope you enjoy your time in Montreal....

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
6. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 06, 2014