We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with teens/Canada Day/Jazz festival/Little Italy

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with teens/Canada Day/Jazz festival/Little Italy

We are heading to Montreal Wed. for 5 days. Any suggestions for restaurants appreciated-- we want to visit the Plateau, LIttle Italy, Latin Quarter, Old Montreal, Mont Royale, etc and we'll be staying downtown.

For our night out without kids we are going to Raza. Any spots that would be good food, but fine for bringing young teens 13 and 14 ? (They are well traveled and enjoy interesting experiences) Maybe an area where they could walk around on the street and see shopes a bit if they don't want to linger as long as their leisurely dining parents--if there are areas where that is generally safe and possible?) Is Au Pied du Cochon more of an adult place? How pricey is it?

Also, on Canada Day, is there anyplace where one could make a reservation for brunch or breakfast and also see the parade? Or is that impossible or is it too late? Or, just places near the route where we should go and hang out and wait for a table?

What about reservations in general during this popular time? Are they a must? Should I do them now if I haven't already, or can you call in the morning for an evening reservation? Are they needed for lunch, too?

Any help appreciated--thanks in advance!

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with teens/Canada Day/Jazz festival/Little Italy

Not sure on most of the questions you are asking, but I've never had a problem getting tables when visiting Montreal. Been there on this weekend before and it's been OK. Of course if one place was full, we went somewhere else, but still.

I'm going this week, too. Hopefully we can get some decent weather. So far it looks iffy. :(

2. Re: Restaurants with teens/Canada Day/Jazz festival/Little Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 14, 2009