We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F-150 Parking in the city

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
584 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
F-150 Parking in the city

Going up to Montreal this weekend and it will be the first time parking something in the city besides a small sedan. I've never really paid too much attention in the past to the size of parking lots (heights) but was wondering if it would be better to borrow a family members car or take a 4 door f-150. I'll be staying right next to Old Montreal.

Thank you.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,086 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: F-150 Parking in the city

Personally I'd borrow a car, rather than taking a large pick up truck into the city. And remember, gas is expensive in Canada, so depending on the mileage the truck gets, you might rather have a car ... more likely you won't need to fill up on this side of the border.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: F-150 Parking in the city

It will be a challenge to find a parking for such a vehicle downtown...and especially in Old Montréal. You should borrow a regular car.

Edited: 6:57 am, August 21, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
538 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: F-150 Parking in the city

Gas is $1.44 a liter today in Montreal so if you do end up coming in the truck fill up before you cross the border.

4. Re: F-150 Parking in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 23, 2014