We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lower cost parking in Old Montreal

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
73 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
lower cost parking in Old Montreal

My husband will be at a conference for a week at the Palais des Congres. We will be driving and staying at the Embassy Suites nearby. Parking is $22/night + tax.

I'm wondering if there is anywhere else somewhat nearby that we can leave the car less expensively for the week after we check into the hotel. In and out privileges would be nice, but not necessary. We are happy to use public transportation for the week. We don't know Montreal at all. Thanks!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,211 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lower cost parking in Old Montreal

look on parkopedia.com you can search by address which will be great for you. It shows all lots and street parking. There are cheaper lots, you just have to decide how much security you need.

I love that hotel by the way, great location and service.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lower cost parking in Old Montreal

22$ is a good price for in and out privileges. You can find cheaper if you're willing to just park and forget the car there, and if you're ok with a outdoors lot.

Don't leave anything visible in your car, not even cheap sunglasses or a hidden laptop. Car break ins are common, but most (if not all cases) were because somebody left something visible in the car.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
73 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lower cost parking in Old Montreal

Great info, thanks to you both. I'll try the website. Also good to hear that the hotel is a winner!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lower cost parking in Old Montreal

Note that if you plan on cooking you have to tell the hotel that and they'll give you a suite with pots and pans and other cooking stuff; otherwise, you still get a full-size kitchen but with only a microwave and fridge and a few dishes which is irritating if you decide to go to Jean Talon market and are inspired, for example :)

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lower cost parking in Old Montreal

We just checked out of the Embassy suites this morning. There were no dishes or cookware in the kitchen at all. (not that I planned on cooking, lol.) It's a great hotel in a great location. The parking was handy, and you do get in and out privileges. The parking spaces are VERY small, and there is not a lot of room to wiggle in and out if you have a large vehicle.

6. Re: lower cost parking in Old Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 26, 2014