We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take out poutines at APDC?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,092 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Take out poutines at APDC?

Yes I am wondering if you can ask for a take out. Not really wanting to dine there but my best friend lives just a stone throw away and the regular one, no foie gras, is pretty affordable and would make a nice take out. But I am just wondering if I can just go by and ask for a take out. Will it be fine or will I be scorned?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
543 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Whats an APDC?

Most places that sell poutine will also make it to take out..

Edited: 6:29 pm, June 25, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Au Pied de Cochon?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,092 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Exactly Au Pied de Cochon

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Take out Poutine

1. Poutineville on Ontario Street .. you can actually build your own poutine

2. La banquise on Rachel Street,,,32 types of Poutine

3. La Belle Province on Peel Street

4. Montreal Poutine on St Paul

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,092 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

I HATE limpy, greasy and brown fries! I look for golden and crispy (at least the edge not immersed in gravy) so my bet is on Au Pied de Cochon for that. As I wrote my best friend lives just a stone throw from APDC. Currently I am staying two blocks from Poutineville and having another serving of limp, brown and greasy fries there yesterday just made me whish for the real McCoy and not what pass as so for many people in Mtl.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

And I love limpy fries and the poutine sauce makes them that way anyway so it's not a design flaw or a conspiracy or a lack of culinary sophistication but a preference and one that goes rather well with all that gooey cheese and sauce in my opinion. And while I say lack of culinary sophistication, perhaps the entire concept of pourine applies but hey.. there is no accounting for taste anyway: some people actually think St-Viateur bagels are better than Fairmount ones, the poor, mistaken, misguided souls :)

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Why don't you call and ask them ... the worst they can say is no. And since the phone is anonymous they won't remember your face, thereby allowing you to be scorn-free in the future.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
543 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Poutine was never intended to be high end food it was basically concocted for the working local served up at the local Casse Croute, Never had poutine at the Au Pied de Cochon,i'm sure its good but cant imagine its going to be in the $5-$6 range or anything like what you'd get at a La Belle Province or Lafleurs outlet

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

Rick, I don't think that PdC does take-out... but their truck does :)

https://twitter.com/camionpdc

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,092 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Take out poutines at APDC?

@ TravelAdvice I just saw this morning that we were writing at the same time on another thread about food trucks and bingo you gave this link. Will try it hopefully as I am sure that a food truck will serve basic poutine.

@ Phpr silly me not thinking about calling in advance. Even with a food truck my friend still live just a stone throw from the real resto. They might redirect me to the food truck nowadays though.

@ Jim R you will be surprised to learn that the poutine at APDC is only $7 and this is for fries made with Idabo / Russet potatoes and fried in duck fat!

@ Tristou We agree to disagree on fries in Montréal, well in the whole province. I recommend the usual poutine places when dealing with poutine requests here but this time it is for me and, as I said, I hate the brown ones. Fries like they serve at l'Express or in a distant past at Frite Alors and Schwartz's. La Banquise could be an option as my friend is also close to that place but I really want to have crisp fries and you would be surprised to see that they don't loose their crispiness right away when bathed in gravy.

So thanks everybody for the suggestions.