My boyfriend and I will be visiting Quebec for the first time and I have several questions to ensure a great trip. We will be flying into and out of Montreal and want to spend our first three nights in Montreal and then four nights in Quebec City. We love shopping, wine, restaurants, and cute charming historic towns/buildings. Here are my questions?
1. We were planning on renting a car. Is this a bad idea? Are there better options to get around and get from Montreal to Quebec City and back, or is a car the most logical choice?
2. If we go with the car, how difficult is it to drive there. Neither of us speak French. I can deal with traffic, but am not crazy about aggressive drivers in extremely congested areas.
3. Any recommendations for what area to stay in for each location?
4. Any places we should check out on our way between Montreal and Quebec City?
5. How is the weather at the very end of Aug/beginning of Sept?