We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoke's Poutinerie now in Mtl

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Smoke's Poutinerie now in Mtl

Indeed it took Torontonians to really franchise this Québécois blue collar specialty! Opened in Toronto and it's burbs and then tested the waters in the Province at Mont-Tremblant.

Then today I was walking on De-Maisonneuve Blvd and saw that there was one on perpendicular Bishop Street. Just a stone throw from the Crescent Street party central and from Concordia University so it will probably attract a lot of anglophone clientele...

I just don't know how long it sill stay there since this whole slice of the street is supposed to be demolished to make way for another pavillon of the Museum of Fine Arts. All the second and third floors on that stretch seemed empty so Smokes is probably testing the waters with an open lease before moving somewhere else if succesfull.

As for me I am under the weather with a big cold for the last 10 days so I didn't jump on the oportunity to try it today! So review pending.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Mont Tremblant
Mont Tremblant
Quebec, Canada
Bishop Street
Bishop Street
11 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Crescent Street
Crescent Street
469 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Concordia University
Concordia University
23 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,480 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoke's Poutinerie now in Mtl

Ooh good. Their chicken curry poutine is quite delicious.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoke's Poutinerie now in Mtl

Ahhh the Brits love affair with curry!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,480 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoke's Poutinerie now in Mtl

Never ends. I can never have too much curry.

4. Re: Smoke's Poutinerie now in Mtl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 14, 2014