We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Hotels and Favorite Restaurants

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Hotels and Favorite Restaurants

I know I can look under the hotels part... but I was hoping some of you would fill me in on your favorite hotels in Montreal that are not HUGELY expensive. My husband and I will be there on July 1 and 2. We are looking for great location as the major draw. What is out there?

Also, we like ALL kinds of dining... what are the favorites, fancy or not? I am pregnant and seems like eating is becoming more and more important to me!

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Hotels and Favorite Restaurants

Hi there

I have spent 3 nights in Alcester Birmingham and drove down to Stratford upon-Avon, Warwick Castle, Ribble Valley, Clitheroe etc. but that was long time ago. Coming to Montreal on July 01 without hotel booking as of yet is so different from where you are coming from. It is Canada Day week-end with Jazz Festival kicking off, hotels are almost full. You should try and get a room ASAP. Areas recommended are hotels in downtown and Old Montreal.

Once you book your hotel then ask for restaurants in the surrounding area, it would be easier for us to give you more precise info on the good restaurants in your area. Don't worry there are more than 5000 restaurants in Montreal and we love food here. So what is important for you now, is a passion for Montreallers through out the year.

2. Re: Favorite Hotels and Favorite Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 16, 2009