We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help pleasefor cheap cell, no plans, SIM cards or otherwise

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Help pleasefor cheap cell, no plans, SIM cards or otherwise

Hello everybody.

As most of the regulars know I am not living in Montréal full time anymore. At my little place in the Laurentides the cell phone reception is almost non existant so I just let my last Bell account die off.

Now I will be in Montréal for 8 weeks for medical treatments and will stay in a special residence. So now, for this time a cell will be very useful but I have tried to shop a bit today after arrival and it is either a 3 year plan with free or really cheap phone with all the gadgets or pay the big price for the cell solo.

Some former European roomates of mine have complained to me in the past about the cost of new technologies here and I can remember that in the US and in Europe I was able to buy very cheap cell phones (35 / 40 $) and then use SIM cards or pay per months in advance.

From what I saw today it doesn't seems to exist here.

I need a very basic phone, no camera, no games, no androids, whatever, just something plain and simple to make my family and I feel secure during this stressfull period.

Thanks!

Edited: 7:44 am, April 29, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help pleasefor cheap cell, no plans, SIM cards or otherwise

This isn;t really travel related but i'll send you the info in PM.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help pleasefor cheap cell, no plans, SIM cards or otherwise

Well I find it somewhat travel related since I will be a visitor in Mtl for 2 months.

I will wait for your PM Silve but all the others that might have informations just post them here or send me a PM.