We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

hello, my husband and i have just booked our hotel and airfare for the 2013 race weekend (our first!), but i am hoping to ask for some assistance on tickets. when purchasing tickets, do most people purchase right from formula1.com (pricing in british pounds), or is this a legitimate ticket seller? http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/home the pricing on this website is a little cheaper than the formula 1 website, but i want to ensure it is not a third party site.

thank you for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

You're link is the right site to buy tickets,Payment will be in Canadian dollars.I'd hurry up with your purchase as many seating areas can become sold out.

Resist the urge to buy general admission tickets as there is very limited viewing of the race if you dont have a seat in one of the many grandstands,you'll also be relegated to standing up all day in a mass of people crowding around a small viewing area through a fence.. Check weather before the race as you'll be sitting out in the open,if its hot and sunny or raining an umbrella can be very useful. Also on race weekend the only way on and off the site is by subway, the crowds/lineups can be quite large.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

Jim R - thank you so much your info, it is much appreciated! i have just purchased our tickets, in our first choice grandstand section.

we had initially considered general admission tickets, however there were several post on here that expressed they were less desirable, so we went with the bronze level seating in section 33.

again, your info is very much appreciated.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

Now you have seats you can try to imagine where you would have watched the race had you just bought general admission tickets.

The only places i know of is a small area in a grove of trees just past the hairpin and again about half a mile before the hairpin,both areas are very crowded and you end up watching the race on one of the many big screens.

One more heads up...these cars are loud and can hurt your ears,next time you are in a pharmacy buy a couple of those sponge ear plugs,they do sell them at the track but at 10X more expensive

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

Just looking at tickets for the 2014 event. Does anyone have a recommendation on which Grandstand offers the best view. I am looking at Grandstand 11 vs 1 or 2 at Start/Finish line. Ticket prices are not that different, but I'm not sure which would be the preferred seating for a good view of the entire track.. any advice would be much appreciated!

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
346 posts
1,312 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

We have sat at Grandstand 1 at the start/finish line and with a view of the pits for many years. There is a big screen TV right in front of us so you can see all the action. We like these seats, but there is also an option which was offered this year to move to various areas of the track each of the three days. You may want to consider that.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

Thank you Luvroma! We appreciate your advice, as it is fairly daunting to purchase tickets based on a map of the track. We wish there was an interactive map on these websites, showing the view - (panoramic view). Is there a particular website you used to purchase your tickets? We like the idea of the option to move around the track.

Thanks so much for you help!

London, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

there are lots of videos on Youtube showing the views from different grandstands. Type "canadian grand prix grandstand" into the search field - you'll find some people have given seat rows and numbers as well.

8. Re: 2013 formula 1 grand prix - tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 04, 2015