We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Washington DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

My husband, his parents, and I are traveling to Montreal in July and

looking for a B&B in Old Montreal Area (or, any other area based on your suggestion).

My mother-in-low and I love Old Antiues and would love to stay at Rooms that are decorated with Old Antiques or

if not in the Room, Antique decoration throughout the B&B.

And, great Breakfast, of course!!

Budget is anywhere from $60 up to $180.

Out of towner from Washington DC!!

Please suggest us your favorite B&B.

Thank you in advance!

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Check this one out.

http://www.theinnkeeper.com/bnb/105380

good location, good price, exactly what you wanted.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Please ignore the above URL (that is thru innkeepers.com) I just posted for you.

Here is their own website URL try this and book.

www.aubergeplaceroyale.com/en/default.htm

Washington DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Jak1234, Thanks!!

We saw the "Auberge de la Place Royale" online.

It looks very nice.

We also saw "Alexandre Logan" B&B about 2 miles from Old Montreal.

http://www.alexandrelogan.com/

Both places looks equally nice.

Between the two above, which one would you prefer?!

Thanks for your input!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Place Royal in terms of loaction is much better situated in terms of walkability-

Firends have stayed there and really enjoyed it, You might also enjoy some of the Boutique hotels in old montreal such as the Nelligan and Hotel Place des Armes to name a few

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Hi movesale

Both are different, you cannot compare apples with oranges. Your choice was antique decoration and Old Montreal area.

Based on that I had recommended, "Auberge de la Place Royale" . It is on Rue de la Commune, which is in Old Montreal facing the Old Port, it is a nice busy street not so loud, you see the old style horse carriages on the street. The street behind rue de la Commune is St. Paul Street which is a cobbled stone street with lots of souvenir shops and restaurants. This building in which the B&B is situated is a very old building, constructed in 1867 and the decor by all means is antique. Location wise this is definitely better than Alexander Logan.

Alex.Logan has modern decor withflat screen TV's and blah, blah, but thats not what you need and most tourists don't need. For most people, the first and foremost choice is location, followed by price, ambience, cleanliness, service, etc. Price wise I think both are about the same price, but I am not sure.

IF you are asking my choice or my recommendation, I would say stay at "Auberge de la Place Royale" !!!!! BOOK NOW, before the rooms get filled up. JULY is a very, very busy month here.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Dear Montrealtraveller;

In the other post (75 people dinner in Old Montreal) today, you have said that; "We agree to disagree and confuse the poster..............." Now, see what you are doing here? :-)

The poster is asking for a B&B and not a hotel. Hotel Nelligan is not a B&B but an expensive posh hotel. Also, their preference is for an Old and Antique style decor. Nelligan is a good, posh and expensive modern hotel in Old Montreal but does not fit in their requirement and it is not what they want. So, should I say the same thing to you i.e., what you said in your other post about agreeing and disagreeing ? :-)

I think we all try our best to give some diversified information to the posters. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it may confuse them. Because, they do not know tanything about location especially if they have never been to Montreal.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Hi Jak-

Firstly I did agree with your recommendation of the Royal-

Secondly( and not that I have to justify my opinon and what I will post to you)

I simply tried to offer the poster with an alternative to a B& B-as perhaps they are un familair with the grade boutique properties Montreal has to offer( with a budget of up to 180.00 us some of the hotel menitoned could be attainable).

I know I would appreciate more than one option!

Thanks for your input though-I appreciate you proofing my posts and will keep your guidelines in mind for the future.

Cheers!

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

They should visit antique row on notre dame west

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

LOL - MT please.

I am not the one who set any benchmarks here that you have to follow my guidelines, please don't embarras me. I read your post about that party for 75 and then I read this next posts of yours and what I noticed. I wrote. Thats all. I know we all try to help people here with malice towards none and goodwill for ALL :-) Take care.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking 4 B&B near Old Montreal area

Hi, all.

Thank you for the great insight information of the Montreal B&Bs and Hotel recommendation.

"You cannot compare apples with oranges."

I agree.

Since there is no tool for me to compare B&Bs except online photos and reviews, I could not tell the detailed differences of the two places.

Thus, this forum really helps us searching for the local information.

My parents-in-low prefers B&B's personalized services over the semi-automated Hotel service.

This is their first visit to Montreal...... Want to make it as special stay as possible (anyone would, I believe)

And, as of today, there are still rooms available at the Auberge Place Royale.

Based on the information we received here, we will decide in couple of days.

Thanks all, again for the great information.