We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it shorts weather yet?

new york
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is it shorts weather yet?

Hiya all-

My wife and I will be in Montreal next week. I'd like to rent a bike and explore, but, is it shorts weather there yet? When it's not rainy here (NYC) it's pretty warm during the day. Thanks!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it shorts weather yet?

No shorts here!!! It has been raining and a little chilly (not cold) but definitely not shorts weather. I found a 10 day forecast but who in their right mind believes them lol weather.com/outlook/…

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it shorts weather yet?

kevin

bella doesn't wear shorts even when it is 35C so don't pay much heed to her advice you bring your shorts there are hundreds of them in shorts.....by next week the rain Gods will change their minds. :-)

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it shorts weather yet?

Have been wearing shorts and sandals for weeks now. If you're biking, you'll probably want them. If you're cycling, shorts will be fine, but you may want some thin gloves.

Next week's historical avg is a high of 69 degrees, but the Weather Network site says it may be a bit warmer from the 25th on.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it shorts weather yet?

Jak, Im queen of skirts and shorts!!! However this week hasnt been skirt weather week. Next week seems to be warming up...cant wait!

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it shorts weather yet?

LOL@queenOfskirts

Alright, if you can't wait then take a flight to Florida your fav. spot. Happy Shopping across the border.........I wonder why you have to go there. Anyways, I am only hoping that the rain stops, the problem is the pot holes are covered 'coz of water and you don't know how deep the puddle is, and you get a surprize BANG!!!! and an OUCH.

Btw, did you see? They 've DUG UP Ste. Catherine Street from Bishop to At Water. First, I was wondering whats wrong with the street? There were no pot holes or cracks and the street was fine, there are other streets like Rene Levesque, rue University that needs to be repaired and now these guys have started digging up for nothing!

Then I found out that they are digging to remove the TRAM TRACKS .... I wonder what was wrong as they were 2-3 feet under the ashphalt. But, the guy said no, no the wood of the track is rotting and the metal tracks are bending and blah blah... according to a rumour they are going to start TRAM WAY again on Ste. Catherine street.

Originally in 1861 they started the tram way and then in 1952 the buses took over and they covered the tracks with ashphalt.

Do you like this idea of TRAM WAY on Ste. Catherine? I would like to know if ANYONE else endorses this idea?

I am for it and I would like to suggest they make it for FREE and close the street for cars from West to East, but let the crossing streets North to South and vice versa to continue the same way. Also, the extra space that will be available because of the tram way on one side, they should encourage more CAFE and RESTAURANTS to use the street for their customers and should also remove the ashphalt and make it a cobbled stone street.

The tram way should start from At Water to Peel and another service running at the same time from Peel to Berri UQAM and must stop at every block. It would really be nice and pollution free.

Lets suggest this to the City of Montreal and sign a petition! LOL.

6. Re: Is it shorts weather yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 13, 2009