We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MontrealAirport Limo Service

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
MontrealAirport Limo Service

Can anyone recommend a reliable limo service that I can book in advance, for a group of four with luggage from the airport/PET to the Hotel Crystal? Many thanks!

Hotel Nelligan
Hotel Nelligan
#4 of 165 hotels in Montreal
Hotel Place d'Armes
Hotel Place d'Armes
#5 of 165 hotels in Montreal
Hotel Bonaparte
Hotel Bonaparte
#6 of 165 hotels in Montreal
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
18 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

Now you're being pompous. Totally Different types of services not usually comprehensively advertised on the internet or at least not where I live. Still good to know the rate - thanks,

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

I am pompous for saying there is nothing suspicious about not posting rates. What are you then?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

...and for the unanswered question: there are no surcharges for limos or for taxis here -- neither at night, nor for extra passengers.

Taxis are always metered except between downtown and the airport (which costs $40); there is a minimum charge of $17 when leaving from the airport. If you reserve a limo, they will tell you the price; if you catch one waiting in line, there is a fixed price to downtown of $47.50 or $54.50 for a luxury or a fixed price to other places listed at: …gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/…MPTC0700398-A02.pdf

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
18 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

Thanks Tristou

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
18 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

Platipus

I contacted LVM as you recommended- here's what they responded

"The cost to go to Hotel le Westin Will Befor a Sedan is$65.00 + Gratuity 9.75 Airport fee $7.00 Tax’s = $101.47"

That's the entire response and I'm still not impressed, although the website is nice.

Mentioned in this post
Le Westin Montreal
Le Westin Montreal
1,922 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

Hmmm... catching a limousine that you haven't ordered -- that is, from the line of limousines waiting -- is a fixed rate of $55 to downtown, including taxes. With a 15% gratuity (which is what they're charging you), it works out to $63.25.

So $101.47 seems a bit steep for the advantage of having a particular driver or company pick you up. However, I found another limo service that advertised its rate at $75 including the airport fee (but didn't say anything about taxes or gratuities), so perhaps that is the regular price, and there's a discord between limos waiting in line (cheaper) and reserved (more expensive), who knows. If that's the case, I'm willing to bet that a limo TO the airport (which is by definition reserved, since you can't hail one off the street) would be the more expensive price, which makes it seem just a little bit weirder: you'd pay one price to get into town, and another to leave.

Why don't you ask your limo driver, whichever way you decide to go, to explain it and then let us know? :)

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

(FYI, the other prices quoted were from an older document -- I found the new one, and fixed up the Arriving and Departing page as well to reflect the new price structure).

New York
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

It is not false advertising. There are limited number of limousines at the airport lot. When all of them off the line up and traffic jammed on the main highway that connects centreville to YUL, then you have to wait until they start filling up the line. That's where you can get stuck with 1hour of waiting time. Or you choose by taking regular taxis. They do have longer line up.

Mentioned in this post
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
18 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

Meant to ask earlier but forgot. Do Montreal limo and taxi drivers at the airport take credit card payment for trips into the city?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: MontrealAirport Limo Service

Yes for all limos, yes for many but not all cabs.