We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Guidance Please??

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
3 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Guidance Please??

My wife and I have three nights in Montreal at the end of December on the way home from a family wedding which will include my birthday and New Year's Eve. Please can you advise us what to visit and where to eat to experience this City at this chilly time of year. We like architecture, arts, museums, shops, dining, live sport and music??

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Guidance Please??

Boxing Day is Dec 26 but doesn't start until noon oe 1 pm and shops closes a t5 pm that night.

Then, nowadays it seems to extend to Boxing Week if not Boxing Month! So if you would like to shop you should really make it at the last of your trip.

Bseide that wander in Old Montréal and while there visit at least the interior of Notre-Dame Basilica and the Pointe-à-Callières Archeology museum but there are there are also some smaller attractions that you can also visit in the area, just check the Things to To button in the box at the upper left side of this page. You could also look at the Restaurants iin the same box to see what kind of offers are avaiable around. Then you could come back for feedbacks on some of your first selections.

I will just add that you can do ice skating outdoor in the Old Port and in Mount Royal Park and also cross country skiing in Mount Royal too and they do rents skis, boots, etc.

Finally if you like art the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is free for the whole permanent collection, only the temporary ones charges a fee and, until late January, it is a stunning exhibition of the Impressionists paintings from the Carke Institute that is worth the $20 the tickets cost.

If you like architecture you might have a sneak at the Canadian Architecture Center. The architecture is a bit weird with two ornate Victorian houses almost enclosed in a modern and stern structure. The center is not a museum per se but offers some exhibitions that are often quite arids but the interior is georgeous minimalist, even if you can see theresearch library only through glass doors. And the bookshop has a stunning collection of architecture books for sale.

2. Re: Tourist Guidance Please??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013