We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel from US to Montreal?

Harvard, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Bus travel from US to Montreal?

Earlier this year I was in Montreal and was told that there was bus service from Burlington, VT into Montreal. That this was the best way to go since air fare is so high into Canada.

However, today I cannot find any bus service or train service for this route. I've looked on Trailways and Greyhound and it appears that they do not offer anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I would love to return to Montreal, but can't afford the airfare from Chicago to Montreal - it would be so much cheaper into Burlington, VT and take a bus.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus travel from US to Montreal?

Greyhound definitely travels from Burlington to Montreal. In fact the bus station is right at Burlington Airport

www.greyhound.com

I plugged in November 14th as a travel date and it looks like there are 4 trips. Refresh your screen if it comes up blank-that happened so maybe they are having a website issue now?

If you have trouble with the website the phone # is:

1-800-231-2222

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus travel from US to Montreal?

Yes - there is service. I just checked on greyhound.com and plugged in a round trip and it came up with a schedule. See this link:

https:/…step2.aspx

Harvard, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus travel from US to Montreal?

Thanks!! It took quite a while this morning, but it finally worked. They must have had issues, because I didn't get any further than the first screen when I'd tried last week.

Thanks again

Harvard, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus travel from US to Montreal?

Woot! Now I am excited again.. I can return to Montreal - yay!!! I thought there was a bus that went between Burlington and Montreal....I gave up too easily.

Thanks again for the help/advice!!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus travel from US to Montreal?

You're welcome.

Enjoy your trip.

6. Re: Bus travel from US to Montreal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 24, 2013