We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
70 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

Me and my girlfriend are taking her twin 7 yr old daughters to see Justin beiber on the weekend of Nov 16 in montreal. We have 3 days to find things to do in montreal. Any suggestions on what we could do as a family ? Ive been in montreal several times and always had blast, but this is my first family trip and im not sure where to go and what to do with the girls,

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,181 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

Science museum and Imax, Biodome, Insectarium, indoor skating at 1000 Le Gauchetiere, Jean Talon market, Mount Royal park and the lookout.

Mine are older now, but they loved all of the things I have listed.

Fun places to eat, Brit and Chips in Old Montreal is a great hit with kids. Buffet Maharajah, near the Bell centre, great Indian buffet with lots of choices for the kids. Good breakfast at Chez Coras on Stanley Street. MIne also love wandering about Chinatown and shopping in the bakeries along the street, cheap and fun.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

The Science Museum for sure. Its great fun for kids that age - and adults too!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,956 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

At night bring them to La Tohu, our permanent circus theater. Local troupe Les 7 doigts de la Main is presenting their new show Sequence 8 up until the 17th so you are lucky on that side: http://tohu.ca/en/at-la-tohu/shows

Chinese dim sum might be too much if your kids are nitpickers about food but the whole experience at lunch, with the little Chinese ladies maneuvering pushcarts loaded with different offer of food can be a lot of fun. It is inexpensive so if one preparation is not liked well it will cost you about $3. The soy sesame noodles will be a great help if your kids feels a bit intimidated. Try Maison Kam Fung in Chinatown.

Another place in Old Mtl where they may like to eat will be Chez Suzette for French/Brittany crêpes with different filling, Nutella spread and whipped cream is a sure hit for every kid as the dessert crêpe (to be shared) .

While in Old Mtl also visit Notre-Dame Basilica. They might want to get out after 10 or 15 minutes but before that they will be awed by the decoration inside + the christmas decorations might be on already.

Check at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts if they have any kind of kids workshops during the week-end. On week-days it is for class groups but on week-ends there might be something going on for them and the new kids / educational spaces are great with a full wall of stuffed teddy bears and other animals and black and white streett art invading the spaces.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

I second the Biodome....it's great and there is the Olympic Stadium tower to go up also....

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

I'd make sure to bring along ear plugs and enough Advil to last a month!!! Have fun.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

My kids much preferred the Biosphere over the Biodome...fyi.

Also loved hiking up stairs of Mont Royal (we go in summer, not sure how fun that would be in November), and also kids enjoyed exploring the underground city. They loved the Metro

www.stm.info/english/metro/a-mapmet.htm

and visiting Chinatown there:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g155032-d5…

We still have many items we use a lot purchased in Chinatown in Montreal (umbrellas, sit mats, etc)

Edited: 11:36 pm, November 10, 2012
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

Almost forgot, kids also loved Amphibus, "duck boat" tour. Imax Telus Science Center was not a highlight for them although went there, they much preferred the Biosphere and the island there of St. Helen's. It rains a lot there, and had kids in rain jackets, rain pants, and rain boots for a trip there one September.

Try to make it over to the Funicular at Olympic Park - my boy still talks about it.

8. Re: What to do in montreal with 2 seven year olds. Nov 16-20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013