We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping mall

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping mall

Hi, I am arriving into Montreal by train next Tuesday and need to do some last minute shopping for my trip to Europe.

Can you recommend a shopping mall that I could access by walking, trainning or bussing from the train station.

I am looking for clothing and lingerie.

Need to be back at the train station no later than 3pm.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping mall

Upon reading further I am favouring Underground shopping mall is this accessed by train or metro from where I am arriving.

Thank you in advance

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping mall

Yes ... the underground shopping is directly accessible from the train station. Entrance is well marked ... you walk through the food court area and on into the malls.

Close by on Ste. Catherine are many shops ... highly recommend Simons ... Quebec based department store ... fashionable & reasonably priced for womens clothing & lingerie.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,042 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping mall

From the train station just walk north two blocks to Ste-Catherine street. All the shopping places are there. You can reach these malls via the underground tunnels but it will take longer as it is not as straight line. Ok to go this way if it rains though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping mall

Note that the Underground City isn't a single mall in the traditional sense -- it's a set of connections between buildings which have their own underground shopping areas. From the train station (Gare Centrale), you're only a couple of blocks away from the Eaton Centre, which is the largest mall in downtown Montreal.

stm.info/English/info/souterrain2011.pdf is a map that should help you get around above ground or below. The pinkish paths on the map are the Underground City concourses.

Edited: 3:29 pm, September 08, 2012
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping mall

Thank you Mattinto exactly what I was looking for a map and walking distance is perfect.

Many thanks again

6. Re: Shopping mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 30, 2013